British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Lodgement Date and Full Medicial Dates- Not Changing (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/lodgement-date-full-medicial-dates-not-changing-765373/)

luck007 Jul 18th 2012 1:33 am

Lodgement Date and Full Medicial Dates- Not Changing

Dear all,

Was jst wondering about the full medical date status change for PR application.
After logging in- on home page, Status is Application Received.

After clicking on View More- I can see Lodgement Date and and Full Medical Received (a day after Lodgement Date).

Got a progress update that it has been gone for second level check after Case officer's recommendation. Was wondering if somebody has an idea about second level check activities and more importantly- A change in date for Full Medical Received is must to know that application is in progress.

Please feel free to ask if any other information required. Had this very open question so didn't write particulars (specific).

Thanks in advance.
Lacks

MrsFychan Jul 18th 2012 1:56 am

Re: Lodgement Date and Full Medicial Dates- Not Changing

If its gone to secondary check via your CO then you should hear within the next 2 weeks if they are offering you a visa. if you don't hear in that time email to chase CO, which is what we had to do. good luck

luck007 Jul 18th 2012 3:28 am

Thank you Mrs.
Was been informed by CO that it will take 4-5 weeks but again he doesn't hold or say any time frame.

Third week is going on. Till now I haven't heard anything.

Also once there is any update- does CO contacts candidate informing that application has been approved or status on website gets changed... what goes first?

Thank you.

luck007 Jul 18th 2012 3:31 am

Also does Full Medical date gets changed quite often?

My both dates- Lodgement and Full Medical are the same since the day after I applied. Not sure how much time it is really going to take..

Thanks.

luck007 Jul 19th 2012 1:56 am

Can i have experts comments?

One of my friends whose permanent residency was approved- did not go for second level check and was all done by CO.

Also his Full Medical dates kept changing time to time.

Was just curious that second level check means all checks through out the application.

FYI- When I rang their helpdesk, was advised that CO has recommended for second level check and CO confirmed me the same- saying this may take 4-5 weeks of time but again he is not sure for the timelines.

Experts please..!

Many Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

MrsFychan Jul 19th 2012 2:25 am

see you are already in NZ so time frames will be different from our experience as the Immigration office here seems to be smaller than London so less people to do the visa process.
As for your friend I can only assume that he was not informed that he had passed the CO to secondary check, from my understanding all have to be checked by a second person to try and prevent fraud

*we are not experts on here but have experience and advice to give, if you want "expert" advice then may I suggest you contact a Government approved Immigration Agent and pay them for their advice

luck007 Jul 19th 2012 2:36 am

Thanks Mrs.
I was not meant by that expert device but yeah in case if somebody has gone through and have such an experience then what are their thoughts..

Anyway once again thanks for your kind reply.

Regards,

DennisBergkamp Jul 19th 2012 9:38 am

I am in NZ too
I sent my application in April
then at the end of June the date of the Medical being received changed - i only checked in last week to see this had happened

I emailed case officer and go no response so far - so i cant help you
but just adding my 2p's worth as we might be in the same boat

Hopefully on to the 2nd check and then job done

luck007 Jul 19th 2012 9:41 am

Thanks Dennis :)

My Medical date has not been changed even a single time. Let's hope for the best. I thought this happened with many people here but I think not many have gone through this process.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers.

Miss Nic Jul 20th 2012 3:26 am

My 'medical recieved' date was the 3rd July (the date it was cleared by the medical assesor)

Mine didn't change at all apart from that. Even after it went to 2nd checking (which they all do) and when it was granted. Mine only ever showed one date.

luck007 Jul 20th 2012 5:17 am

Thanks Miss Nic-

Also once application is checked through by second level and approved- status gets changed on website or case manager informs?

Which happens first because I remember when application was submitted, Lodgement date got displayed as 16th May (on 16th May) and I got auto mail notification on 17th and not 16th. I guess there is a little delay in autonotifications.

So again back to my question that status gets changed first or CO sends confirmation?

Thank you guys. Indeed appreciate your efforts.

Miss Nic Jul 20th 2012 6:23 am

You'll get an automated email saying your online status has been updated. Mine came the moment it was updated online. I had been checking online an hour earlier and it was still pending. Got my email and it was approved.

luck007 Jul 20th 2012 6:26 am

Thanks again..

Your was very quick.. i haven't thought even that there may be any case which can be approved in a month...

Thats good... I am keep checking the status almost 3-4 times in a day but no updates yet...
I guess need to have patience only.. no other way.

:)

luck007 Jul 30th 2012 6:11 am

Hi all,

checked with CO over emails and he said still this is pending with second level check and unfortunately he has no update yet and will let me know as soon as he gets an update.

As per his proposed timeline, this is the last week going on.
Not sure- seems like he himself is surprised why it took so much of time.. but no answers.

Does second level check really take much time?

Thanks for your answers in past.

Cheers in advance..

Regards.

simonsi Jul 31st 2012 4:57 am

Originally Posted by luck007 (Post 10181195)
My Medical date has not been changed even a single time.

Why would a "medical received date" ever change unless you replace it with a new medical???