loads of visa questions...sorry

Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

blueballsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: loads of visa questions...sorry

Originally Posted by clairepete
Maybe even 6 years as you have done 18 hours which is more than half of 30 hours
Do you know if im able to just work it out for myself and put on the eoi 6 years?? thanx, claire
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I am insulted at this 6.5 hour codswallop!!) Rant over lol
Waahh ! That's what we like. A good ole rant. Helps no end when it gets to or you've developed a bald patch from tearing the hair out. You also need to start drinking

Thanks for the kind words . The forum is about this really. It's about sharing and supporting to help each other. I remember how it was for us way back in 2003. I didn't even know if it was a job offer first or a visa application.

So for Skilled Migrant Category
You have 80 points as a base line. Possibly able to add another 10 for work exp. Brings it to 90. Plenty of folk have been in that position.
A job offer it is then. Worth 50 points with a bonus of 10 if outside of Auckland.

80 points - your baseline
90 points - yourbase line + 2 yrs work exp
130 points - your baseline + job offer in Auckland or
140 points -your baseline + job offer outside of auckland
150 points - baseline + job offer outside of auckland and 2 yrs work exp points.

100 points is the minimum and wouldn't get selected to be honest. 140 points is an automatic selection from the Expression of Interest pool.

For the purpose of putting in an EOI it will be about the points. So, if you have enough points you can put in an application if you get what I mean. Obviously working in an NZ job makes the application all the stronger because NZIS - New Zealand Immigration prioritise the applications where the person has work to go to or is already in work.

For the purpose of proving you are a qualified teacher it will be about the NZQA assessment and also the NZ teachers council registration. I'm not sure what their requirement is ref. work experience hours.

So - it could be a goer. You need the job offer. I don't know how easy that is here in NZ or the best method to go about it and get yourself ahead of other applicants. Best ask the teachers.

The Edgazette
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

How have you got 80 as my baseline? 50 for my degree and how are the other 30 given? Age and???
Oh and it would be outside of Auckland...defo!!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

clairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really niceclairepete is just really nice

Originally Posted by blueballsuk
Do you know if im able to just work it out for myself and put on the eoi 6 years?? thanx, claire
You work it out yourself for EOI but when you get a ITA you would have to prove the hours that you are claiming points for.

Hey BEVS, see I'm taking it all in
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:58 pm
`

How have you got 80 as my baseline? 50 for my degree and how are the other 30 given? Age and???
Oh and it would be outside of Auckland...defo!!
You said

Yes I did do the points online. It came out at 95 without a job offer. This was when I thought I had 4 years exp.
I took 95 and then deducted 15 work exp 4 years = 80.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 9:59 pm
`

You work it out yourself for EOI but when you get a ITA you would have to prove the hours that you are claiming points for.

Hey BEVS, see I'm taking it all in
Correct. Have a gold star and some BE karma.