Lits and Lists - advice please

Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of
Default Lits and Lists - advice please

Hello there

Right.. plain and simple, I've confused myself entirely over these different lists.

I've looked at the Skilled Migrant route of entry:

1) Essential Skills in Demand

a) Long Term Skill Shortage (LTSS)
b) Immediate Skill Shortage (ISS - apparently not leading to permanent residence etc)

On the points checker it asks if your skill falls under

a) area of future growth (our answer is YES)
b) absolute skills shortage

Well hubby's skill is on the Immediate Skill Shortage list so is that the same as the 'absolute skills shortage' or not...

I am most confused because the wording in b) doesnt match anything in the Essential Skills in Demand section.

Many thanks for your help

xx
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

ukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud ofukmouse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lits and Lists - advice please

I think I might have found the answer... but please correct me if I'm wrong.

The absolute skills shortage I think only relates to the Long Term Shortage.

If this is true... what the heck is the Immediate Shortage for please?

I tried searching under Temporary Work but no joy... unless I missed it.

Added: Having read more info - apperently it is linked to job offers but I'm still confused (its 1am so thats probably why) ....do we HAVE to have a job offer to send in the EOI if our skill is on the Skills in Demand List (ISSL)?

I'm just thinking of additional points you see....

Thanks again...

Last edited by ukmouse; Sep 17th 2009 at 11:57 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 2:31 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi confused ukmouse!

When they ask about absolute skills shortage it refers to the long term skill shortage list only.

The immediate skills shortage list is for temporary work visas only. Being on the ISSL does not give you extra points on the EOI, in fact it is not relevant when applying for residency. The ISSL means that someone can apply for a temp work visa and have it issued without the employer having to prove that no Kiwis are available to do that job. Obviously the same applies for the LTSSL if you only wanted a temp visa.

So if your job is on the ISSL, you are applying under the skilled migrant category and are in what is classed as a skilled profession then you would only get the points for work experience but not the bonus points for being in an area of skills shortage.
You don't need a job offer to send in an EOI as long as you have over 100 points. But: if your points total is on the low end then you could be in the pool for a long time so getting a job offer would mean you'd be selected asap
Hope this makes sense
Sue
Old Sep 18th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any information on the immigration.govt.nz website that lists " future growth skills" ?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone

When they ask about absolute skills shortage it refers to the long term skill shortage list only.

The immediate skills short
You don't need a job offer to send in an EOI as long as you have over 100 points. But: if your points total is on the low end then you could be in the pool for a long time so getting a job offer would mean you'd be selected asap
Hope this makes sense
Sue
Brilliant.,.. thanks so much. May I just ask...............

1) So if we want to apply then we can still use the EOI and apply via the Skilled Migrant method?

2) When applying - do we tell employers that we are on the ISSL? Is this a benefit?

3) Once you've submitted your EOI - I assume you cant ammend it. ie you send it off and then next week you get a job offer???? Hoiw does that work please.

Thanks so much... cant tell you how gratefull I am
Old Sep 18th 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LukeandJo
Is there any information on the immigration.govt.nz website that lists " future growth skills" ?
Hello there... there is some info. What field are you in
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:07 am
Just Joined

kejktfc is just really nicekejktfc is just really nicekejktfc is just really nicekejktfc is just really nicekejktfc is just really nicekejktfc is just really nicekejktfc is just really nicekejktfc is just really nice

Hi, you are still able to amend the EOI once it has been submitted, if as you say get a job offer. We have been selected with 120pts without a job offer and have received our ITA.

Currently in the process of getting OH'S nursing registration and hopefully when complete, and if and when she gets a job offer, we anticipate that the process will then quicken significantly with NZI.

kejktfc
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:27 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Yes, if your job is classed as skilled-look under ANZSCO-and you have over 100pts then you can submit an EOI. You just don't get extra bonus points for being in an area of absolute skill shortage. What job do you do, being nosey!

Once your EOI is submitted, you can change it online up until you are selected. If you need to make any changes after that then you have to contact NZIS directly, obviously a job offer will speed everything up so tell them asap
The only advantage I can see to telling employers that you are on the ISSL is that they can offer you a job without having to prove anything to NZIS. So if they want you there earlier you could easily get a temp work visa whilst your PR application is still being processed. That's assuming they know how the system works of course
Best of luck
Sue
Old Sep 18th 2009, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hi
Yes, if your job is classed as skilled-look under ANZSCO-and you have over 100pts then you can submit an EOI. You just don't get extra bonus points for being in an area of absolute skill shortage. What job do you do, being nosey!

Once your EOI is submitted, you can change it online up until you are selected. If you need to make any changes after that then you have to contact NZIS directly, obviously a job offer will speed everything up so tell them asap
The only advantage I can see to telling employers that you are on the ISSL is that they can offer you a job without having to prove anything to NZIS. So if they want you there earlier you could easily get a temp work visa whilst your PR application is still being processed. That's assuming they know how the system works of course
Best of luck
Sue
Hi there Sue

Hubby is a Graphic Designer and as such falls within the ISSL and as he is in the Creative Industry his skills are in the 'area of future growth'

At present we only have 105 points so I was hesitant to send the EOI.

I personally am in HR... I've been in recruitment for over 15 years, 10+ of which are at management level. I believe I fall under the 'Professionals' category (the same as hubby) and at Level 1. I personally dont have a degree, but I noted that it said 5+ years experience is sometimes considered as an equivalent.. unfortunately I dont get any points for that though... hence we only have 105. I do have an industry qualification here but its not recognised there.

As I said, hesitant to send off the EOI with 105.

What do you think?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kejktfc
Hi, you are still able to amend the EOI once it has been submitted, if as you say get a job offer. We have been selected with 120pts without a job offer and have received our ITA.

Currently in the process of getting OH'S nursing registration and hopefully when complete, and if and when she gets a job offer, we anticipate that the process will then quicken significantly with NZI.

kejktfc
Thanks kejtfc - good luck with that. Its worth thinking of just sending it as nothing to lose I suppose.... unless anyone can tell me different????

Thanks for your help
Old Sep 19th 2009, 6:39 am
Queen of the Underworld

Hi there
Well if you submit your EOI it will stay in the pool for 6months and if not selected by then it will be withdrawn.
It's worth looking at the previous selection criteria:
http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...tionPoints.htm
It will give you some idea of how likely you are to be picked. It does look like it may be less likely with only 105 points I'm afraid So you may have to look for a job, having said that you may be lucky and there will be a draw that gets down to 105pts Problem is none of us can predict the future
Sue