Limited or General Medical Certificate

Old Jan 4th 2022, 11:42 am
Just Joined

Momo65 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Limited or General Medical Certificate

Hi all, I am new to this forum and looking for some advice please? I am about to apply for a 'Partner of a New Zealander Resident Visa’. My husband is a NZ citizen, currently living in the UK. He wants to go back home so I want to attempt to get my visa in place in anticipation of move at the end of this year (if we are allowed). We have been married for over 6 years. I have approached a clinic with regard to booking medical tests but they have just sent me the note below.

New Zealand: If you require just a Chest Xray for a New Zealand visa, please provide email confirmation from the New Zealand Immigration Dept when submitting your booking form. This outlines the medical procedures they have requested you to have. Your visa medical booking will not be confirmed without this information.

My questions are; A do I require a Limited or General Medical exam and B how do I get email confirmation from NZ immigration Dept without already submitting an application?
Does anyone have experience of similar?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 24th 2022, 1:16 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Limited or General Medical Certificate

are you looking at approved panel doctors?? https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nel-physicians
if you intend to live in NZ anyone over 11 must have a chest xray https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...al-examination

Hope that helps
Old Jan 24th 2022, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

"New Zealand: If you require just a Chest Xray for a New Zealand visa, please provide email confirmation from the New Zealand Immigration Dept when submitting your booking form. This outlines the medical procedures they have requested you to have. Your visa medical booking will not be confirmed without this information."

Isn't this saying that until you have a visa request in progress - that is, submitted and then selected from the queue - there isn't any point in having an X-ray (or, presumably, any other test)?
Apart from anything else if you have the tests now they could well be out of date by the time that they are required by NZ Immigration.
Old Jul 3rd 2022, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

SailingStef is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't help you but I'm equally confused. I found a panel doctor (in Panama) and they say book an appointment and bring your ENZ number from your application - well you only get this once you've applied. I thought you had to submit the medical with your application so you would need to arrange the medical before you submit your application. Let me know if you got any clarification. It's equally unclear to me whether I just need a Chest X-ray or I need a medical examination. I'm also a partner of a kiwi, married, and trying to to get my ducks in a row for when we finally can make the move to NZ. Good luck
Old Jul 5th 2022, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SailingStef
I can't help you but I'm equally confused. I found a panel doctor (in Panama) and they say book an appointment and bring your ENZ number from your application - well you only get this once you've applied. I thought you had to submit the medical with your application so you would need to arrange the medical before you submit your application. Let me know if you got any clarification. It's equally unclear to me whether I just need a Chest X-ray or I need a medical examination. I'm also a partner of a kiwi, married, and trying to to get my ducks in a row for when we finally can make the move to NZ. Good luck
As far as I can tell you need to have your application pulled from the queue before any medical check up.

At least, that is the way that it works for the Parent Category.
However we have only got as far (since 2016) of submitting an EOI so things may have changed or I might have forgotten stuff.