British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Limbo....Help.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/limbo-help-597926/)

helenlhoppy Mar 16th 2009 6:07 pm

Limbo....Help....

Hi, I submitted my ITA and it was lodged on 2/6/09.

I'm in my third week of waiting to hear... all I've had is a confirmation letter and receipt for the fee. No case officer allocation and I can only find suggested times from EOI to ITA on the NZIS. Anyone any idea on the waiting time from ITA to CO? :huh:

No job offer yet, but working on it. Really wanted to be flying out by October, do you think we could make it?????!!!!!!!!!!:unsure:

Stoof Mar 16th 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Limbo....Help....

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy (Post 7385463)

I'm in my third week of waiting to hear... all I've had is a confirmation letter and receipt for the fee. No case officer allocation and I can only find suggested times from EOI to ITA on the NZIS. Anyone any idea on the waiting time from ITA to CO? :huh:

No job offer yet, but working on it. Really wanted to be flying out by October, do you think we could make it?????!!!!!!!!!!:unsure:

without a job you'll be waiting up to three months for CO allocation... they're currently allocating files that were lodged up to 2nd Dec... if you check out london branch homepage on the inz website there is a link to processing times that they update every few weeks

hth

hosebergine Mar 17th 2009 12:14 pm

we submitted 10 Dec, 155pts no job, it was lodged on the 12 Dec and fingers-crossed will be allocated this week. We are hoping to have it all sorted mid-April but I feel that may be optimistic. We're gunning for a June departure. The waiting just goes on but there's plenty to do de-cluttering and sorting out the house. As long as I feel I'm doing something towards our goal every day then it is all ok, things are being ticked off the to do list. So, my advice is......make your list and keep busy :)

Jo-Chris Mar 18th 2009 5:21 am

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy (Post 7385463)

Hi,

We are in the same boat as you we submitted our ITA on the 27th January with no job offer and all we have had is the letter. I keep checking the immigration pages daily (I know really sad and I need to get a life!). We are hoping for a Aug / Sep departure time for the big move. So the same sort of time scale as you. Good luck and let us know how things are going.
Jo

PS - Here is the info from the INZ website on processing time from receiving the ITA to getting a case officer.
Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch it should be allocated to a visa officer within four months. As an example, for the week ending 13 March 2009 we are allocating files lodged up to and including 7 December 2008

Persephone Mar 18th 2009 8:27 am

Hi
I know just how you feel but patience is a virtue when dealing with NZIS:curse::rofl:
The London website says that it should take up to 4m to be allocated a case officer and then up to another 3m to get a decision. Though it does seem that few people wait the full 7m:thumbsup:
I didn't know I had a CO until I received an email asking me to arrange an interview time!
Hoping you hear soon
Sue:D

helenlhoppy Mar 18th 2009 11:23 am

Thanks for the replies, It's great to know that I,m not alone!! Good luck to everyone in limbo land!! x:thumbsup:

Am Loolah Mar 18th 2009 11:33 am

Originally Posted by helenlhoppy (Post 7392833)
Thanks for the replies, It's great to know that I,m not alone!! Good luck to everyone in limbo land!! x:thumbsup:

I'm sure it's of little consolation - but I am married to a Kiwi and we have 4 kids who all got citizenship by descent.

So in theory it was pretty straightforward for us to get PR - no faffing about with EOI's and ITA's.:o

It still took me 4 months to be assigned a CO - I only knew I had one when I phoned them?!:mad: Then they wanted more evidence of our relationship ... the marriage certificate and 4 kids' birth certificates apparently weren't enough?!:blink:

Then, again, I only knew I'd got PR by phoning again and chasing it ... allegedly it had been granted THAT day I rang!:sneaky:

It took us a full year, yep 12 months, to "get our house in order" from our return from a holiday here and submit it all, to arriving.

Like others have said, the list making is endless, so long as you are checking stuff off it to get here you are controlling your destiny as much as you can. Do NOT spend time stressing over that which you can't control, the datelines of NZIS, your CO's workload and their priorities etc. You'll do your head in. To a certain extent you will just have to be on to it, but realise you're not their priority. Crap - but sadly true!

And take it from one who knows, you make a list of what needs to be done, there'll still be stuff unticked when you are on the plane to NZ!;)

mac917 Mar 18th 2009 7:18 pm

Hi all,

Submitted my ITA (no job offer) 16 Oct 08.
Assigned CO 22 Jan 09 who requested further information.
This was received by the CO 09 Mar 09.
Telephone interview arranged for 16 Mar 09.
PR granted 17 Mar 09.:)

I have to admit it was all frustrating and longwinded gathering the information and getting up to the point of arranging the interview, however it was very quick and satifying once it was all over.

Dave