Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Leaving child in uk - Agent advice please

Leaving child in uk - Agent advice please

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future
Default Leaving child in uk - Agent advice please

When applying for a visa, do you have to declare all children?

Would you have to declare a child you left in the UK in care? when you have full parental rights?

Would this affect the visa?

We know someone who has just emigrated and left their 11 yr old son in the UK with his Nan, and only told them she was emigrating the day she went! She went with her other 2 children - surely she can't just up and leave? He was in his Nans care because she was 'depressed' and her son didn't get on with her new husband.

Now he is on the uk on his own - whilst she goes off and starts a new life.

Advice, please. Can she get in to trouble?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving child in uk - Agent advice please

Originally Posted by traceyandian

Would you have to declare a child you left in the UK in care? when you have full parental rights?

Would this affect the visa?

We know someone who has just emigrated and left their 11 yr old son in the UK with his Nan, and only told them she was emigrating the day she went! She went with her other 2 children - surely she can't just up and leave? He was in his Nans care because she was 'depressed' and her son didn't get on with her new husband.

Now he is on the uk on his own - whilst she goes off and starts a new life.

Advice, please. Can she get in to trouble?
I should bloody hope so!!

If they don't declare them they'd have trouble bringing them over later.

What an awful thing to do to the child, mind you sounds like the child is better off with his Nan than with his mother apart from missing his siblings.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

traceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant futuretraceyandian has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Woodlea
I should bloody hope so!!

If they don't declare them they'd have trouble bringing them over later.

What an awful thing to do to the child, mind you sounds like the child is better off with his Nan than with his mother apart from missing his siblings.
Don't think they have any intention of bringing him over later.

He didn't have a medical or anything - and none of her family knew she was going.

I just can't believe that the immigration department would allow a mother to abandon a child???
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:44 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG. What complete bast%$^s.

Well that is another child, that will likely end up on the scrap heap.

Ring up NZ house, they are supposed to be of "good character" and I do not think that falls into that category.

Is he her child from another marriage? And the other kids with new husband?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

He's only 11? The poor child. What sort of heartless people are they?
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beachcombers
OMG. What complete bast%$^s.

Well that is another child, that will likely end up on the scrap heap.

Ring up NZ house, they are supposed to be of "good character" and I do not think that falls into that category.

Is he her child from another marriage? And the other kids with new husband?
The child is from another marriage, all 3 are different fathers and she has the first and 3rd with her in NZ.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 2:16 am

Beachcombers is an unknown quantity at this point

The child is from another marriage, all 3 are different fathers and she has the first and 3rd with her in NZ.
Sounds like she has her share of pysological problems, dominating husband, fear of rejection etc.

But to abandon a child? Poor little bugger, can't imagine how rejected he must feel.

BTW, if you want to see a film that deals with this type subject, see "Lilya4Ever" (not for the faint hearted).
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't believe that the immigration department would allow a mother to abandon a child???
How would immigration know if he wasn't declared on the forms?

I know for a fact that there's nothing immigration can do about father's abandoning their children, although it doesn't display 'good character', when you look for a definition of 'good character' on the immigration website it is only to do with criminal activity.

Immigration are over-stretched and aren't able to check/investigate everyone as long as their paperwork is OK. If you feel strongly about - as it appears you do, perhaps you should write to immigration and voice your concerns, then it will be on the record of the person, and they will have to investigate it.

Poor kid.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 8:32 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

I cant believe what i've been reading.
This is my first posting on this site. It's the Kev bit here.

How can any mother ever abandon their child. If the woman is having bad enough mental problems to want to leave her child behind, then she is not well enough to care for the other two. The parentage of the kids is irrelevant. If the child does not get on with the new husband, its him that should get kicked into touch.

Im sorry i'm ranting but i am absolutely incensed.

I fully appreciate that immigration are overstretched, however they would never let this past if it were known. The only conclusion that can be reached is the so called mental problems were not declared. This means the person has deliberately mislead NZI.

I totally agree the child is better off without the mother. The questions that need to be asked is, how much does this new husband have to do with the situation? Is the mothers mental health or other factors putting the remaining children at risk. Why leave one child and not the other two?
I obviously do not know the entire situation, however. If there is any doubt, the responsibility is to the welfare of the children first and then NZI.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
How would immigration know if he wasn't declared on the forms?

I know for a fact that there's nothing immigration can do about father's abandoning their children, although it doesn't display 'good character', when you look for a definition of 'good character' on the immigration website it is only to do with criminal activity.

Immigration are over-stretched and aren't able to check/investigate everyone as long as their paperwork is OK. If you feel strongly about - as it appears you do, perhaps you should write to immigration and voice your concerns, then it will be on the record of the person, and they will have to investigate it.

Poor kid.
i thought immigration checked all this out thats why they want so much info

has the nan got legal rights to the young boy???

what about children who are in care (local authority) there must be people who have migrated and left their children in care what did they put down??? did they say child a is in care and children b&c are coming with us
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 11:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

For Australia - YES!
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

sounds to me that the child is better off being away from such a mother, (i use the word lightly), lets hope he grows up a well balanced man who got plenty of love and affection from is nana

Also if she's left him not really sure what the NZI can do about it especially if she's given parental rights to the grandmother, children get abandoned every day by heartless parents

Last edited by Him and Me; Jul 23rd 2007 at 4:05 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Him and Me
sounds to me that the child is better off being away from such a mother, (i use the word lightly), lets hope he grows up a well balanced man who got plenty of love and affection from is nana

Also if she's left him not really sure what the NZI can do about it especially if she's given parental rights to the grandmother, children get abandoned every day by heartless parents
She did not give parental rights to her mother - she left the uk with FULL parental rights over her son. I take it her mother will get automatic parental rights now though - and I am not sure if Social services in the UK will persue her in NZ, I doubt it. She has not even left an address so her son will never know where she is.

I know one day she will wake up and regret it, and I feel sorry for the other 2 children involved who will know that their mother found it so easy to abandon their sibling, they would have to be worried that she could do it to them too huh?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

hi jacky g here

sorry to but in on this conversation,but sitting here just about crying.

omg that story is so sad,poor child...............
but again the child in the long run is better without mother,and shes probably done them the biggest favour of there life.....

as for the hubby not getting on with the child:curse:....still blame the mother for that one.............i love my husband to bits but i would always put my kids first....no offence hubby..........but i would hope he would do the same..........

i personaly feel more sorry for the kids that are still in her care.........they've probably got less chance of getting on ,with her as there gaurdian....

sick twisted bitch............sorry for that............but just enfuriated with some people..........
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:59 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

She has not even left an address so her son will never know where she is.
Wanna bet! The modern age of the internet wont take long for some computer savvy kid to locate via white pages or something.

Sitting on the fence on this one because do not know the full circumstances but still think if you are concerned about this contact NZI.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.