Language

Old Aug 20th 2010, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

foxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nice
Default Language

Hi,

Wondering if one of you wonderful people can help
OH has to prove his language proficiency, he hasn't got a qualification specific to this, and I would assume that being British and have British qualifications would be enough, but it is a section of the pack we have to put together and I don't want to leave it empty.

So what shall we put in there? or is there a quick, test he can do somewhere with a certificate to prove his language skills?

Thanks!

FB
Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:17 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Language

Originally Posted by foxblade
Hi,

Wondering if one of you wonderful people can help
OH has to prove his language proficiency, he hasn't got a qualification specific to this, and I would assume that being British and have British qualifications would be enough, but it is a section of the pack we have to put together and I don't want to leave it empty.

So what shall we put in there? or is there a quick, test he can do somewhere with a certificate to prove his language skills?

Thanks!

FB
Not sure what your exact situation is but the accepted way to demonstrate your language ability is to take an IELTS test. It's not necessarily that quick or cheap though. British nurses have to take it regardless of whether their original qualification was taken in English.

http://www.ielts.org/default.aspx
Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

foxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nicefoxblade is just really nice

Oh that looks good.

Well both myself and my OH are British though and though. But as the OH is applying to be a teacher on the track 2 (no PGCE). He has to prove he can speak "prop'ar englash".
Old Aug 21st 2010, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

If you received your education throught the medium of English, or you have an A Level or higher in English, this is sufficient to satisfy the English language test (IIRC).
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:46 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janiejones
If you received your education throught the medium of English, or you have an A Level or higher in English, this is sufficient to satisfy the English language test (IIRC).
This may be true in some circumstances, but not all.

All nurses have to take an IELTS regardless, even if they did their degree in English. I don't know the situation for teachers but it may be the same.