kindy places - one for the parents?

Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light
Default kindy places - one for the parents?

Hi folks

you may recall I've been offered a job to start in Wellington in February 08. Still waiting for job contract to come through.

Once it does we will start our applications process. At present I think my wife and I will go for a one year working visa, and the kids (7 &4) student visas. Had some advice from a very laid back person at the NZ UK office. But I am not sure if there are more suitable options.A couple of questions may inform which type of visa we go for

Will our son qualify for 20hrs free Kindergarten places (until he starts school at 5) as I've been lead to believe?

We may also apply for PR but are undecided to start this going here, or do so in NZ, where again I am lead to believe that the costs of medicals are less. My employer is happy to assist with PR request

Any help appreciated

I will be back on here with avengence if and when my contract arrives! (Feel like I ma tempting fate otherwise)
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:30 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kindy places - one for the parents?

Originally Posted by turkeys
Hi folks

you may recall I've been offered a job to start in Wellington in February 08. Still waiting for job contract to come through.

Once it does we will start our applications process. At present I think my wife and I will go for a one year working visa, and the kids (7 &4) student visas. Had some advice from a very laid back person at the NZ UK office. But I am not sure if there are more suitable options.A couple of questions may inform which type of visa we go for

Will our son qualify for 20hrs free Kindergarten places (until he starts school at 5) as I've been lead to believe?

We may also apply for PR but are undecided to start this going here, or do so in NZ, where again I am lead to believe that the costs of medicals are less. My employer is happy to assist with PR request

Any help appreciated

I will be back on here with avengence if and when my contract arrives! (Feel like I ma tempting fate otherwise)
I could be wrong here as it may have changed but I thought adults who have children can not go to Oz on a WHV!! If this has changed I'm sorry, but you may want to get more info on this before deciding.

Ax

Just reread the post and your off to NZ WHV may be different there to OZ!! Ignore me I'm off to bed now
Old Oct 6th 2007, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

no worries - sleep well!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:22 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks

Any help appreciated

We have residency and get the 20 free hours. There was nothing on the form asking us to state our residency status

Try here for an answer http://www.workandincome.govt.nz/get.../free-ece.html
Old Oct 6th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

useful to know thanks, we are likely to have one year working visas at first and then apply for PR ocne in Wellington. Either way if you are not asked your status we should be fine. how old are your kids btw?

Andy
Old Oct 6th 2007, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

loutho will become famous soon enoughloutho will become famous soon enough

Hi, Glad i have picked up on this thread, the cost of child care for our youngest daughter (9 months) was one of the negatives on my list for emmigration. My husband has no negatives!!, however here (Wales, current home) we have never had to, forcibly, pay for care, we are\lucky enough to have willing and obliging family, to look after our girls(3 in total). Does anyone out there in NZ have, or be willing to divulge truthfully the potential of obtaining community based nursing jobs, either district nursing or public health along the lines of school health nursing/health visiting. Whilst i am sure we can obtain some of this info when we go to the epxo in London next fri, would really appreciate any and all advice. Ps is it worth going through an agency or would you recommend going through the DHB's direct. Regards to all
Louise
Old Oct 9th 2007, 3:29 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

useful to know thanks, we are likely to have one year working visas at first and then apply for PR ocne in Wellington. Either way if you are not asked your status we should be fine. how old are your kids btw?

Andy

My boy is 3, the other 2 are at school
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Sarah,
do you think it's been a good move for the kids then? Everyone says how kids adapt easily, but did they find it a smooth transition?
Old Oct 11th 2007, 1:01 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Sarah,
do you think it's been a good move for the kids then? Everyone says how kids adapt easily, but did they find it a smooth transition?

All 3 of ours (13,9 and 3) have settled really well and would not go back to the UK if you paid them