Kids NZ passport .? Need to apply for PR

Old Apr 12th 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Lb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to behold
Default Kids NZ passport .? Need to apply for PR

Hi
My children have NZ passports (since birth) but were born in the UK.. Their Dad is a kiwi (lived here for 13yrs). We are all returning to live in NZ. Obviuously I need a PR- partnership I think but do I have to do anything for the children?
Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kids NZ passport .? Need to apply for PR

No they don't. So long as the Kiwi passports are up to date.

Done.
Old Apr 14th 2013, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Lb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to beholdLb welly is a splendid one to behold

Thank you!
1 less thing to do and pay for. X
Old Apr 15th 2013, 10:57 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lb welly
Hi
My children have NZ passports (since birth) but were born in the UK.. Their Dad is a kiwi (lived here for 13yrs). We are all returning to live in NZ. Obviuously I need a PR- partnership I think but do I have to do anything for the children?
Your children can move to NZ with NZ passports.

However, once you are in New Zealand, you probably should apply to the Citizenship Office for them to be registered as NZ citizens otherwise than by descent. This protects the status of your future grandchildren if they are also born outside NZ.

Are the children under 16?

There used to be information on the Citizenship website about this, although it seems to have been removed.