Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Just wanting to make life difficult for myself

Just wanting to make life difficult for myself

Old Jul 20th 2009, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all
Default Just wanting to make life difficult for myself

Hi all
Wonder if anyone has got some advice for me. Ok one year exactly I got itchy feet and wanted to move abroad. Firstly I started looking into NZ, but due to my son and some of my family moving to Oz (and my partners brother there), I decided to try for Oz. I am an IT teacher in 6th form (teaching A levels etc). I had my skills assessed as a Vocational and Education Teacher as I was worried that my PGCE was for 16+ age group. Anyhow I got the points, completed an IELTs test and put in for my 176 family sponsored visa way back in December ............ and heard nothing since, at DIAC they have all fallen asleep seeing as my skill is just a general one, but in NZ it is in demand.

My son has since come back and so has some of the family, my thoughts on Oz have changed - its just taking so long, my youngest son is 12 1/2 and I have been told that I might be waiting another 2 1/2 years to get my Oz visa which isnt good as my son will refuse to come once in about another year or so . I am now looking at NZ once again(I know it sounds really rude that I am prepared to swap and change!!!). Will I have to go through all the same procedures again? Could I not just get a temporary visa in NZ whilst waiting for my permanent visa from OZ (which I guess will allow me to work in NZ)?

What are the actual procedures I would have to go through to teach in NZ - qualifications assessed, then registering with NZTC!!??!! We have spent an absolute fortune already and I am becoming so disenheartened with it all. What is frustrating is that I have so much to offer

Has anybody else gone through this, I do have a migration agent but this would be spending more money to get advice from them!!!!

Thanks
Capt