Just starting the process!!

Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just starting the process!!

Hello all,
My OH had a job interview!! They spent the last 10 minutes telling him what the area was like... so Im now getting my hopes up.
They said they will get back to OH in 10-14 days, but Im hoping it won't be that long
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:52 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zoexr
Hello all,
My OH had a job interview!! They spent the last 10 minutes telling him what the area was like... so Im now getting my hopes up.
They said they will get back to OH in 10-14 days, but Im hoping it won't be that long
Great news you will hear back soon.

Its so exciting especially when you can start to feel "your on your way"

We just need to sell house, keep getting my hopes up as people are so positive to your face & then no offer

Talking of which I have a viewing in ten mins

Good luck

Dewb
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

We just need to sell house, keep getting my hopes up as people are so positive to your face & then no offer

Talking of which I have a viewing in ten mins

Good luck

Dewb[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
This has even spurred the OH into redecorating the stairs (which Ive been asking him to do for 5 years now...) He reckons that grey paint will instantly sell the house

Good luck for your viewing, I think the house selling bit is the most nail-biting hurdle IMHO...
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:12 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!
This has even spurred the OH into redecorating the stairs (which Ive been asking him to do for 5 years now...) He reckons that grey paint will instantly sell the house

Good luck for your viewing, I think the house selling bit is the most nail-biting hurdle IMHO...[/QUOTE]

nothing like getting the house on the market to get the decorating a good kick start, we spent most of last summer painting, painting & painting. I never want to gloss a door again

Maybe I should have gone for grey then

Dewb
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:12 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Best of luck with it! I'm waiting on a phone call from our estate agents today to *hopefully* confirm that our first time buyers are in the right financial place to proceed and get a surveyor in!

We have found the house selling thing to be a bit of a pain in the bum so far. It's been on the market since we did our recce in April/May last year and despite oodles of viewings and three good offers, we're still not there because of chains, deaths and people who want to keep their stupid, huge Welsh dressers that won't fit in our kitchen.

SWMBO has already made her mind up that she's not doing any really serious job-hunting until we have the stickers in passports and are rid of our little love nest. So if you have any luck with yours, let me know the RAL code of that grey paint......
Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Hello all,

thats great for you... but don't hold your breath that the recruitment process will be over with in 10-14 days! we're 6 weeks down the line for Matt's job application. 2 long telephone interviews, a skype interview, and no sense of urgency. and to make things more stressful,they contact the referees BEFORE any job offer is made.... but watch this space ..we may have some good news tomorrow!
Old Mar 8th 2010, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MattandJax
thats great for you... but don't hold your breath that the recruitment process will be over with in 10-14 days! we're 6 weeks down the line for Matt's job application. 2 long telephone interviews, a skype interview, and no sense of urgency. and to make things more stressful,they contact the referees BEFORE any job offer is made.... but watch this space ..we may have some good news tomorrow!
Fingers crossed for you!
They seemed to be very relaxed about it all...probably because they will take weeks before they decide anything!!!
We are waiting for a job offer before we do EOI, cos without it we wont be able to live there...
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Well, on the 14th day of the 'it will be 10-14 days until we let you know' the OH got an email, there is a mysterious delay in appointing someone and it will now be another week....
ARGH!!!
Im obviously reading lots into this, but my OH is playing it cool. We need to know, I have to give my school lots of notice...
Old Mar 21st 2010, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Well, on the 14th day of the 'it will be 10-14 days until we let you know' the OH got an email, there is a mysterious delay in appointing someone and it will now be another week....
ARGH!!!
Im obviously reading lots into this, but my OH is playing it cool. We need to know, I have to give my school lots of notice...
yes sounds about right! over 6 weeks later they confrimed matt had the job over the phone, another few days to get it in writing by e mail, another delay as his contract was wrong.but finally all is now in order, and a hard copy is being couriered to him as we speak. then they have suddenly developed a sense of urgency as they now want him to start ASAP!! anyway, they agreed on a start date as he has to give 3 months notice for work, and even threw in a hire car and 2 weeks accomodation to get us started. so it all systems go as we prepare for the move. weve got lists and spread sheets going for everything!
Old Mar 21st 2010, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

yes sounds about right! over 6 weeks later they confrimed matt had the job over the phone, another few days to get it in writing by e mail, another delay as his contract was wrong.but finally all is now in order, and a hard copy is being couriered to him as we speak. then they have suddenly developed a sense of urgency as they now want him to start ASAP!! anyway, they agreed on a start date as he has to give 3 months notice for work, and even threw in a hire car and 2 weeks accomodation to get us started. so it all systems go as we prepare for the move. weve got lists and spread sheets going for everything!
Must me a great feeling!
I think we should have put the EOI in before we applied for any jobs, but hey-ho what do I know....
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Must me a great feeling!
I think we should have put the EOI in before we applied for any jobs, but hey-ho what do I know....

it is a great feeling !! and a little daunting too. we now have a lot less time to prepare and get everything organised. but its do-able. we've had a very busy weekend in the house and the first of the shipping companies are coming this week to give us a qoute to relocate us.

but hey good luck with yours. keep us posted!

jax
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

it is a great feeling !! and a little daunting too. we now have a lot less time to prepare and get everything organised. but its do-able. we've had a very busy weekend in the house and the first of the shipping companies are coming this week to give us a qoute to relocate us.

but hey good luck with yours. keep us posted!

jax

I now know the feeling!!!!! OH was offered the job today!
Panic now starts, I need to do EOI....
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

I now know the feeling!!!!! OH was offered the job today!
Panic now starts, I need to do EOI....
we-hey many congrats!
get those forms in!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!
Please tell me husband that!! He needs a rocket somewhere special...
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thanks!
Please tell me husband that!! He needs a rocket somewhere special...
I'd lend you one of my rockets but I need 'em for my OH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.