Just starting the process!!

Old Feb 7th 2010, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of
Default Just starting the process!!

Hello!
Ive just started filling in the EOI form, it's really complicated!! (I suppose they have to make it hard!)
Just wanted to check that husband and I will be ok;
We are trying to get in on my husbands job, he is an echocardiographer (on the absolute shortage list) he has qualifications, both degrees and on the job qualification.
I am a primary school teacher and hoping to work out there too.
My rubbish filling in of the form shows that we have over 140 points, but Im not sure its right!!! Is it worth showing it to someone before we send it in?

Im trying not to panic as he sits and fires off CVs to various hospitals!!
please help, sorry for the rant!
Zoe

Last edited by zoexr; Feb 7th 2010 at 6:32 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just starting the process!!

Originally Posted by zoexr
Hello!
Ive just started filling in the EOI form, it's really complicated!! (I suppose they have to make it hard!)
Just wanted to check that husband and I will be ok;
We are trying to get in on my husbands job, he is an echocardiographer (on the absolute shortage list) he has qualifications, both degrees and on the job qualification.
I am a primary school teacher and hoping to work out there too.
My rubbish filling in of the form shows that we have over 140 points, but Im not sure its right!!! Is it worth showing it to someone before we send it in?

Im trying not to panic as he sits and fires off CVs to various hospitals!!
please help, sorry for the rant!
Zoe

PS; do we get extra points for my husbands surname being Zealand??!! (no joke!!)

Hi. Sounds like you have it made. Subject to medicals and police checks being cool there is no reason you won't get here as hub's on the absolute list aye? You will get a job too no worries. I guess your partner will be the main applicant. The forms do look a wee bit daunting and it is a good idea to pick your best filling in form chum to go over it all afore sending. Re the extra points my understanding is that would ONLY apply if his 1st name was 'New'...is it?? Good luck you have much to be excited about. Been here 5 yrs and we love it (Kate is a nurse). By the way NZ primary schools are great!!!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

We found the form easy to fill in. Its all about reading reading and more reading to understand what is being asked of.

Refer to the online manual if you are unsure of anything.
You may feel that you have over scored yourself, but if you have been honest and clear then maybe you are ok.
Old Feb 7th 2010, 8:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Tell us what you have claimed points for and we'll all go over it together with you.

In simple terms

Principle Applicant:-

Quals
Occupation on absolute shortage list?

Partner

Quals.

Family in NZ?

From the POINTS INDICATOR - link
Old Feb 7th 2010, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

zoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud ofzoexr has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS
Tell us what you have claimed points for and we'll all go over it together with you.

In simple terms

Principle Applicant:-

Quals
Occupation on absolute shortage list?

Partner

Quals.

Family in NZ?

From the POINTS INDICATOR - link
Hi Bevs,
He is 29, got 7 years experience. 2 degrees and a post grad cert (for his job)Occupation is def on the list.
I have 1 degree and a post grad cert (in primary teaching)
No family in NZ.

He is currently firing off CVs..
Thanks so much for your help!
Old Feb 7th 2010, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice
Smile Re: Just starting the process!!

Hi Zoe,

Welcome to the site and good luck with all that paperwork, it is very time consuming.
We came in 2006 and the points system was very different back then. We just scraped through by 2 points. It took almost two years to pull together proof of my almost 30 years of Nursing Practice! As I had worked in the UK, Africa and the Middle East and some of the institutes I worked for now longer existed so it was quite a challenge.
But we made it and it was well worth in the end.

You both have good jobs and the Health Service here still has all the same shortages that it had back in the UK so I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Dei.
Old Feb 8th 2010, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant futureJewelie38 has a brilliant future

Hi Zoe,
Good luck with the process

Julie
Old Feb 8th 2010, 3:23 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi & welcome Zoe good luck with all your plans

Dewb
Old Feb 8th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hello & Welcome from us too
Old Feb 9th 2010, 11:08 pm
`

I make a count of 150 points. Enough for an automatic draw from the EOI pool.

Main applicant

50 points for the degree
5 further points for the Post Grad
10 quals in an area of absolute shortage
20 points for work experience
15 points for work exp in an area of absolute shortage
30 being a young 29

partner

20 points for the degree

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 9th 2010 at 11:12 pm.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

I make a count of 150 points. Enough for an automatic draw from the EOI pool.

Main applicant

50 points for the degree
5 further points for the Post Grad
10 quals in an area of absolute shortage
20 points for work experience
15 points for work exp in an area of absolute shortage
30 being a young 29

partner

20 points for the degree

Ah, thanks Bev, for some reason I had slightly more, but I dont mind as long as its over the threshold!
We are going to wait until OH gets offered a job, as don't think we could chance it without....
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:42 am
`

Ah, thanks Bev, for some reason I had slightly more, but I dont mind as long as its over the threshold!
We are going to wait until OH gets offered a job, as don't think we could chance it without....
Well, I may have missed something or other.

With a job offer, I can see you being in the running for the fastest application approved.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Well, I may have missed something or other.

With a job offer, I can see you being in the running for the fastest application approved.
I hope so!! Just hoping that OH gets some offers (or just one would do!!)
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:45 am
Just Joined

karenwicks is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope so!! Just hoping that OH gets some offers (or just one would do!!)
Good luck from us too- the whole process is definitely a lesson in patience! x
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your replies!
Im so impatient, so this is a nightmare for me....
Hopefully not to jinx anythiing, but had a few emails from prospective employers, will update ASAP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.