Just starting immigration process

Old May 15th 2009, 5:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Just starting immigration process

I'll move this to Immy for you to save writing it all again.
Old May 15th 2009, 5:09 am
`

Ref:- Employment start and end dates.

If you are not that sure about where and when you work for a company through your working life, then send for an employment history printout .

You can do this on-line , using this form (click the link)
They will send you a list of all your employment history with company names plus start and end dates.

Per HMRC website

Requesting information we hold about you

If you would like to submit a request for information under the terms of the Data Protection Act please use the link below. This will take you to a form which you can complete and submit on-line. In order for us to search for and retrieve the information that you would like access to, please assist us by providing us with as much information as possible.

Please visit our National Insurance records page to submit a request for National Insurance records only or to be given details about pay and/or employment history.

For all other requests eg for information about your Self Assessment tax affairs, tax credit claims, VAT returns etc. please use this form. Depending on the nature of your request you may be required to submit your National Insurance number, Tax reference number, Child Benefit reference number or your VAT number, therefore it may be useful to have this information to hand before you begin. You should be aware that you have a maximum of 15 minutes to complete this form before your session will be terminated.

Please note that you can only use these online forms to submit a request for your own information. If you are acting on behalf of another individual, please submit you request in writing by post or fax accompanied by a mandate, signed by your client within six months of the submission date of your request. The mandate should indicate the nature of the information which can be disclosed to you eg tax, national insurance etc.
Old May 15th 2009, 5:27 am
`

Diesel Motor Mechanic may be on the Long Term Shortage list but you will normally need to have the C&G UK trade quals as a diesel motor mechanic to apply under this occupation & claim points for a basic trade qualification in this trade .

If originally you were apprenticed or trained as a diesel motor mechanic , then go for this occupation as you can claim bonus points.

If you didn't train in this trade but as an agricultural mechanic, then that is not on the long term shortage list and so no bonus points .

If you feel that NZIS would accept your trade qualification towards diesel motor mechanic because it was all about diesel engines etc PLUS you can show extensive & recent work experience in this field , then it may be worth a bit of a punt. They may go for it.

What wouldn't be helpful to the NZIS officer checking your EOI is that you put for agricultural mechanic and then try to claim points as a diesel motor mechanic.

If you feel trying for diesel motor mechanic is a better bet, then you may want to think about an NZQA pre-assessment to double check that your UK trade quals will be accepted for a different trade. You need a level 4.

NZIS officers like things to be pretty straightforward. If you are going to apply as a diesel motor mechanic using agricultural mechanic trade qualifications then make sure you can heavily back up your claims for this.
Old May 15th 2009, 7:44 am
Just Joined

Location: uk for now hoping to go to nz if i can find good agent
vonrikety is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks sue i have been quoted £4000 for an agent seems steep.
Old May 15th 2009, 7:46 am
Just Joined

bevs your a start thank you
Old May 15th 2009, 7:47 am
Just Joined

star lol sorry
Old May 15th 2009, 10:00 am
`

Originally Posted by vonrikety
star lol sorry
Ta ! Husband would say i give some folks a bit of a start at times tohgh

Look. It is just our opinions at the end of the day.

Go with how you feel is best and know that we are always here to pool our experience and knowledge where we can.
Old May 15th 2009, 11:17 am
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vonrikety
thanks sue i have been quoted £4000 for an agent seems steep.
As a cautionary warning, just think very carefully before getting caught up with an agent. We recently signed up with MB and got stung for our £950 deposit when we decided a week later to back out with them after hearing how their fees spiral. They try to tell you that your initial invoices will be higher but frightened us off and after reading the posts of all the lovely people you meet on here, when the time comes (we need to secure a job before evening doing the EOI), we will now do it ourselves and save our money to put towards the move, etc. Really think it through is all I'm saying. I think we just got carried away with the excitement of it all .. good luck whatever you decide.
Old May 15th 2009, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

hi lizaberry yeah we have done the same its going to be a long old slog for us after we sat down and worked the finaces out hopefully though we will get there in the end. and a great big thank you to all you guys that have helped i spoke to an agent in new zealand last night who tried to tell me that i needed my qualifications verified. when i then informed her that my qualifications were listed under section 3 of the recognized skills list she double checked and sheepishly agreed. icould feel the blushes from here couldnt of done that without you guys your providing a great service to people like me who until recently didnt have a clue thank you.
Paul.