Just received our Visa...

Old Feb 4th 2011, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

gazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just received our Visa...

Originally Posted by BEVS
What the agent did was to organise you then.

I agree. Having to do full NZQA assessments does take time.

It's always good to have people's personal recommendations based on experience when it comes to Immigration Agents.

It would be good for the board if you would think to share a few details of your application. That way people can compare with their own circumstances to see whether or not they stand a chance of a wizzo 8 day turn round time.

Which category did you apply under please
Was this for PR with a job offer for instance?
Why would you have needed to have your quals NZQA assessed?

People will be really interested because, after all, this is an information exchange really .

Cheers and congratulations.
Hi, Yes the agent got us organised, but that's what I paid him for really. Life is far too busy without the worry and stress of applying for a visa.

Migrating is one of the biggest decisions any family can make and we have invested so much time, effort and money into the whole process I didn't want our ignorance of a procedure to bring it all down.

If you list all the priorities, actions and costs associated to migrating I would suggest the most important aspect that everything else relies on would be the visa application, and we were no different. It was number 1 on our list, so why risk everything for the price of a few fight tickets?

We applied for PR and yes I had a job offer as a Director with an import/export company in NZ. I have previously owned and ran my own business in the UK for 5 years and I expect this may have helped.

Both my wife and I have professional qualifications and we were informed these would need to be accredited by a number of bodies in NZ, hence the advice to NOT include our qualifications on our application. I only had 110 points without the qualifications and I was quite nervous about leaving the qualifications out, however, my agent (Migration Associates - Borey Chum) insisted we would be fine and we proceeded with the 110 points. Thankfully, Borey was proved correct and we encountered no problems.

Borey, ensured we had all of the documentation, certificates, medical checks etc. etc. done in advance and checked everything personally before submitting them for the application. Consequently, Borey was able to correct a few things in advance i.e. the radiographer had failed to produce a report to accompany the chest X rays, we were able to get the report and submit it before NZI had viewed our file avoiding any delays!

Anyway, I'm certain the application process can be managed without an agent, but if you are like me and want to avoid any delays, problems or issues then I would advise you get an agent and I really can not recommend Migration Associates and Borey Chum in particular highly enough.

Thank you all for the good wishes and support and I hope you all can get through the process and get that visa as soon as possible...and look us up when you get to NZ and we'll have a few beers!
Old Feb 4th 2011, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

gazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just received our Visa...

Originally Posted by shelloid
first of al well done on the visa - so exciting!!!

But just also wanted to say that what you've said about nothing being irreversible is so true, and I think people often forget that. We came to NZ thinking that, and (so far) haven't regretted it for a second. Hope you don't either - don't think you will as you've got the right mindframe IMHO
Thank you Shelloid, delighted you have no regrets and so good to hear someone with positive views.

Thanks again.