Just received our Visa...

Old Jan 26th 2011, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

gazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just received our Visa...

and absolutely delighted! We cant believe it only took 8 days, we were expecting to have to wait for a few months!

Crikey, so many things to get sorted!!
Old Jan 26th 2011, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all
Default Re: Just received our Visa...

Originally Posted by gazmfc View Post
and absolutely delighted! We cant believe it only took 8 days, we were expecting to have to wait for a few months!

Congratulations-great news. Where are you heading?
Old Jan 26th 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

gazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond reputegazmfc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BevK,

Thank you we are overjoyed!

Not sure where our final destination will be as we can settle in a number of different places. Christchurch is favorite as that is where my employers head office is, however, Auckland is still a possibility and I do love Tauranga.

What about you? What is the status of your move??
Old Jan 26th 2011, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all

Hi BevK,

Thank you we are overjoyed!

Not sure where our final destination will be as we can settle in a number of different places. Christchurch is favorite as that is where my employers head office is, however, Auckland is still a possibility and I do love Tauranga.

What about you? What is the status of your move??
Looking to move to Auckland roundabout August time. My partners family all live in that area. Looking forward to it but nervous at the same time.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BevK View Post
Looking to move to Auckland roundabout August time. My partners family all live in that area. Looking forward to it but nervous at the same time.
Its a big step BevK, but what is the worst that can happen? You don't like it or don't settle and you come "home".

Our philosophy is.... nothing is irreversible and we can always return to the UK or move elsewhere! I hope we can relax and enjoy the experience and enrich our lives and the lives of our children along the way.

Good luck with the move, i'll keep an eye out for your posts and i'm sure we'll talk again, especially at some of the more stressful points. LOL
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Congrats!

Is that from sending off your ITA and them telling you its all go?

Hopefully ours will be that quick
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Congratulations from us too
Old Jan 31st 2011, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Rachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really niceRachelb82 is just really nice

Hi

Congratulations my application went 2 weeks ago, and the waiting is not fun, checking online everyday but nothing yet :-(
hoping we are accepted soon!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rachelb82 View Post
Hi

Congratulations my application went 2 weeks ago, and the waiting is not fun, checking online everyday but nothing yet :-(
It's not good waiting.

We used an agent (Migration Associates - Borey Chum) and i've got to say they were superb and i'm certain it helped in the speed of the process.
Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:37 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations. That's the efficiency of NZ. People underestimate NZ a lot. But its much better than how people rate NZ.

Old Feb 1st 2011, 7:39 am
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

Well all the best. Timeframes are something like 3-9 months. Even 3 months is not bad compared to migration times for other countries like Australia which take 12-18 months.

Originally Posted by Rachelb82 View Post
Hi

Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:44 am
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

It's not good waiting.

We used an agent (Migration Associates - Borey Chum) and i've got to say they were superb and i'm certain it helped in the speed of the process.
No. Agents cannot speed up the process.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
No. Agents cannot speed up the process.
Sorry Bev, I wasn't suggesting the agent intervened in the actual process. However, the advice I received in advance ensured we wasted as little time as possible and we had everything complete and ready to be lodged well in advance.

Borey also advised against using our qualifications to secure more points which we could have done because he believed that we had sufficient points without the qualifications and the checking of our qualifications in NZ would slow the process down! something that worried me at the time but turned out to be correct.

I know agents can get some stick on here but credit it where its due I believe. This is a massive step to take and I would rather get it right first time.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:42 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

What the agent did was to organise you then.

I agree. Having to do full NZQA assessments does take time.

It's always good to have people's personal recommendations based on experience when it comes to Immigration Agents.

It would be good for the board if you would think to share a few details of your application. That way people can compare with their own circumstances to see whether or not they stand a chance of a wizzo 8 day turn round time.

Which category did you apply under please
Was this for PR with a job offer for instance?
Why would you have needed to have your quals NZQA assessed?

People will be really interested because, after all, this is an information exchange really .

Cheers and congratulations.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:32 am
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

Its a big step BevK, but what is the worst that can happen? You don't like it or don't settle and you come "home".

Our philosophy is.... nothing is irreversible and we can always return to the UK or move elsewhere! I hope we can relax and enjoy the experience and enrich our lives and the lives of our children along the way.

Good luck with the move, i'll keep an eye out for your posts and i'm sure we'll talk again, especially at some of the more stressful points. LOL
first of al well done on the visa - so exciting!!!

But just also wanted to say that what you've said about nothing being irreversible is so true, and I think people often forget that. We came to NZ thinking that, and (so far) haven't regretted it for a second. Hope you don't either - don't think you will as you've got the right mindframe IMHO

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.