Just a Quickie !

Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:35 pm
its only me..!

bayst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just a Quickie !

Im looking to apply for a skilled worker visa
My quandary is .......Im currently a self employed Wall & Floor Tiler, holding the NVQ level 2 qualification...............my highest qualification is City & guilds Advanced Painting & Decorating (equivalent to NVQ level 3 or 2 A levels, as assessed and confirmed in writing by City & Guilds, today)...........I would want to carry on tiling in NZ (although im open minded really).......my recent experience is in tiling (lower qualification).........my highest qualification is in Painting & Decorating but was taken way back in the early 80's with an apprenticeship...........are you keeping up , lol!.............

Question (at last)....... Do I require any job offer in NZ to be in the trade of my highest qualification (P & D) or can it be just a (skilled) job offer, i.e. Tiling ?

another Quickie

What paperwork do NZ immigration require in relation to confirming my apprenticeship ? I have a recent letter from my former employers, company secretary confirming that I was employed by them from 1978 to 1983, briefly outlining my duties undertaken, that i was employed as an apprentice, that they sent me to college to study and upon successful completion of my training i continued working as a skilled man for them using my trade, other than that I have any other paperwork relating to my apprenticeship ?

NZ site states trade qualifications, to be recognized, must be a full City & Guilds qualification consisting of part 1 and part 2........ I only have the one certificate ! ........City & Guilds confirm that its only electrical trades, maybe Plumbing that have a 2 part qualification, to confirm knowledge of their Regs. etc.
Where does this leave me.....any idea anyone ?

Ill throw my questions into the ring and see what comes back......Perhaps other Painters & Decorators or Tilers who have been or are doing something similar..........Thank You in advance to all who reply!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:55 pm
its only me..!

Default Re: Just a Quickie !

I knew my questions would be too complex.................throws out the bait, waiting for a bite, anyone!
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I had a look last night couldnt really offer any help.
the best thing i could suggest is look on the nzis website
the info you need will be on there, you've just got to trawl through it.
TBH i didnt even know you could a recognised apprenticeship in tilling
Old Jun 8th 2008, 1:22 am
its only me..!

can anyone offer some advice, facts or requirements , someone out there must know the answer ? Im stuck with my application until i can find out this info, thanks !
Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

i'm an engineering machinist (turner) i did C&G's and i did part one and two.
Without sounding harsh or disrespectful if you havent got a C&G part2 qualification
then i would have thought thats it, you havent got what they are asking for
Perhaps another way is to apply to have your qualifications veryfied by the relevant
authorities in NZ before you continue with your application this is what we did.
Another may be to try for a visa through one of the many migration agencies,
they will be able to help you and let you know if you would qualify for visas (at a cost of course)
I know how frustration it can be to want this and be banging your head against a wall.
these might be of some use
http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/
http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-internat...val/index.html
http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/for-international/index.html

Last edited by Justcol; Jun 8th 2008 at 10:50 am.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Sorry for the delay in trying to make a helpful reply. The BE site is having some issues per the announcement and last week my screen died a sudden death.

Im looking to apply for a skilled worker visa
My quandary is .......Im currently a self employed Wall & Floor Tiler, holding the NVQ level 2 qualification...............my highest qualification is City & guilds Advanced Painting & Decorating (equivalent to NVQ level 3 or 2 A levels, as assessed and confirmed in writing by City & Guilds, today)...........I would want to carry on tiling in NZ (although im open minded really).......my recent experience is in tiling (lower qualification).........my highest qualification is in Painting & Decorating but was taken way back in the early 80's with an apprenticeship...........are you keeping up , lol!.............
Yes.

If you are looking to emigrate to NZ and by that I mean you would wish to become a Permanent Resident under the Skilled Migrant Category, then as your highest trade qualification is Painting and Decorating , this is the skill you should go with, especially as you did an apprenticeship.

Do I require any job offer in NZ to be in the trade of my highest qualification (P & D) or can it be just a (skilled) job offer, i.e. Tiling ?
This depends.
If you apply for Permanent Residency as a Painter and Decorator , then any job offer which you would put on your application needs to match the trade you are claiming points for. So if applying under Painter and Decorator using your C&G trade quals, then a job offer should be also for Painter and Decorator.

Once you have gain Permanent Residency there would be nothing to stop you at a later date taking up employment as a tiler here in NZ.

If your PR was done with an NZ job offer as a Painter and Decorator then you would have to remain in that job for 3 months, after which you would be free to take up tiling work.

If your PR was granted without a job offer, but under the trade skill of Painter and Decorator , then it may have no conditions attached to it and provided you had the PR then you would be free to come to NZ and take up any job you fancied.

What paperwork do NZ immigration require in relation to confirming my apprenticeship ? I have a recent letter from my former employers, company secretary confirming that I was employed by them from 1978 to 1983, briefly outlining my duties undertaken, that i was employed as an apprentice, that they sent me to college to study and upon successful completion of my training i continued working as a skilled man for them using my trade, other than that I have any other paperwork relating to my apprenticeship
NZIS will want certified copies of your C&G. Letters, contracts of employment, apprenticeship papers etc will also be needed.

NZ site states trade qualifications, to be recognized, must be a full City & Guilds qualification consisting of part 1 and part 2........ I only have the one certificate ! ........City & Guilds confirm that its only electrical trades, maybe Plumbing that have a 2 part qualification, to confirm knowledge of their Regs. etc.
Where does this leave me.....any idea anyone
In the 'old days' all C&G trade quals came in two sections which gave two certificates. One after 3 years apprenticeship and two [advanced] which took another year. With plumbing it was about pressurised systems, hot water and gas. C&G then moved on from that and worked together with the NVQ system , streamlining their system.

A painter and decorators trade certificates do not normally require an NZQA assessment but if you know that you didn't complete a full 4 year apprenticeship then it may be worth you applying for a PAR through NZQA to see what level it comes back at