just a question

Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

ecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant future
Default just a question

is it possible to go to new zealand on 6 month visa get a bank account and rent a property for that duration whilst looking for work.i have sold my property in the uk and currently renting but feel that it would be better to actually be in nz to tangibly go to interviews and start the process of applying to live there. thanks for reply,s
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of
Default Re: just a question

Originally Posted by ecalperif
is it possible to go to new zealand on 6 month visa get a bank account and rent a property for that duration whilst looking for work.i have sold my property in the uk and currently renting but feel that it would be better to actually be in nz to tangibly go to interviews and start the process of applying to live there. thanks for reply,s
my friend and her family got sick of waiting for the system to work..she didint have enough points and needed to get a job..so she went on a 6 months holiday, rented a property and attended job interviews.

her husband got a job and this gave them the right to stay as this employer was on the list for sponsered employers or something..the children got certificates stamped in their passports to attend school and she got right of stay as her hubby had employment..she later also got a job in her own right..

she went september last year..she now has bought her own house and loves every minute of her new start

hth carole
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

getmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud ofgetmethere has much to be proud of

Hmm, pretty sure it's fine to go over on a holiday visa and find work - LOTS of people have done this however, I'm not sure about being able to open a bank account if just on holiday - might have problems - maybe someone else can clarify who has done this but I think once you have a job and can get onto the correct work visa/PR etc then you should be ok for a bank account
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

ecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant futureecalperif has a brilliant future

thanks for replys they have gave me some positive vibe ..thanks
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

my friends used their account in the uk to transfer money through global express to the nz branch..there are several english bank branches in nz..they had to take their passports as id..but it was very easy..

they also bought a car in n.z. after renting one for a month...

renting houses for 6 months was not a prob..and several british expate helped get them settled..

carole
Old Aug 5th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

thanks "madcarole" for reply lot more confident now although i know it wont be easy but i love a challenge thanks
Old Aug 5th 2008, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

good luck, enjoy your oliday and fingers crossed on the job front...

and remember you can do anything if you want it bad enough..

carole
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

thanks carole.....also is age an issue in going to nz ..im 38 years young an partner is 34 also.....too late?

thanks
Old Aug 12th 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecalperif
thanks carole.....also is age an issue in going to nz ..im 38 years young an partner is 34 also.....too late?

thanks
Nope! Think cut off is 55?? Someone else will be along to put me right if not

Last edited by j19fmm; Aug 12th 2008 at 4:43 pm. Reason: age
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for info j19fmm..
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

my friend is 38 and her huby is 42 so they have done realy well...
just go with an open mind and see what happens..they flew over in sept/oct going backwards so they arrived as their stopover in america..bigger baggage allowance also..
then to new zealand..then to have a look at australiia and the goldcoast where they spent christmas..on the beach..lol not succesful as they dont eat fish and guess what christmas dinner was fish fish and more fish..lol
they came back to wellington started the interview process and he was hired straight away..lucky so and so..they love it.
they love the attitude to health in the local schools..all children are weighed and given excercise that they need to complete each week alongside a healthy diet..so both kids have joined loads of sporty clubs, trampolining, cricket, football, softball etc etc etc .

best move ever they say..

carole
Old Aug 18th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for reply mad carole.....i think its time to prep the cv's and head on out for interviews etc your replys are slowly removing any doubt many thanks