British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   just a mini "rant" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/just-mini-rant-763562/)

Caz8NZ Jul 2nd 2012 5:30 am

just a mini "rant"

eeeeeeeeeeek!

checking email - finally one with the subject line "expression of interest" - heart jumped into my mouth and though - finally i get an invitation to apply! Open it - my case officer saying can i tell them what my current salary is!

aaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

why can't they just invite me!!!

I'm hoping beyond all hope that its all going to be ok - i earn a good wage - enough to meet the requirements for a Work to Residence Accredited Employer visa and I earn more than another friend who was granted residency as a Secretary (my job title is Personal Assistant).

My worries are because I haven't got lots of solid work experience as an actual Personal Assistant - i have done many a secretarial and admin job over the years but the last few years i have worked in more of a managerial job in property in the UK so although I have the skills - they are transferable skills rather than black and white cut and dry.

i'm crossing fingers, toes and everything else to hope they think its ok!!!! :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::f ingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fin gerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::finge rscrossed:

MrsFychan Jul 2nd 2012 7:29 am

Re: just a mini "rant"

least you know they are looking at it :thumbup: :unsure:

Caz8NZ Jul 2nd 2012 8:01 pm

:thumbsup:

they've even emailed me back again this morning to thank me for my quick response! I emailed back straight away to say no problem - eagerly awaiting to hear if I get an invitation to apply :D :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10149790)

Caz8NZ Jul 3rd 2012 9:03 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10149790)

Decision Successful
Congratulations.

We are very pleased to confirm that your Expression of Interest has been successful.
You will shortly receive a letter inviting you to lodge an Application for Residence. The letter will contain information to help you complete your Application for Residence.

Please ensure that your Expression of Interest holds your most current mailing address details so you may receive our letter at the earliest.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu p:

chippy64 Jul 3rd 2012 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ (Post 10151860)
Decision Successful
Congratulations.

We are very pleased to confirm that your Expression of Interest has been successful.
You will shortly receive a letter inviting you to lodge an Application for Residence. The letter will contain information to help you complete your Application for Residence.

Please ensure that your Expression of Interest holds your most current mailing address details so you may receive our letter at the earliest.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu p:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

MrsFychan Jul 3rd 2012 6:48 pm

http://www.photopox.com/Images/Congr...miley5B15D.gif

Stormer999 Jul 3rd 2012 8:06 pm

Magic well done....:thumbup:

Caz8NZ Jul 3rd 2012 8:25 pm

thanks so much!

and now the real work starts!!!

Already emailed various people for my references.......

now to organise the police check, medicals, and god knows what else!!

Miss Nic Jul 3rd 2012 9:37 pm

Congrats!!!

You think you're going crazy over this, wait until your application has been submitted. You'll drive yourself up the wall!

Fantastic news :)

One thing I forgot with my references is that they had to be original or certified copies. I just got my old companies to scan them through to me and sent them but INZ had to come back and ask me to get them certified. Silly!

Caz8NZ Jul 3rd 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks! and tell me about it - will be going bonkers i'm sure! I've got this far though so hopefully they have no reason to refuse me!

Yup - i got that it has to be originals - although a friend of mine managed to get away with scans - odd!!

BEVS Jul 6th 2012 1:50 am

Aw . How have I missed this great piece of news from you.

Well done and congrats to you :)

Take a few breaths and then plunge into that ITA so we can soon read you have blue stickers

Caz8NZ Jul 6th 2012 2:03 am

FANKS!

Phew i know - but thankfully its all in hand.....references already requested and majority received back via email so originals on the way in the mail.

Passport photos to be taken tomorrow at K-Mart and then the police check can go off.

Got all the current work stuff already.

Medical will be booked once I get police cert back but I know where i'm going (same place i've been for the other TWO medicals!)

Mum has already sorted birth certificate so that just needs sending...and thats about it....seems almost too easy!

BEVS Jul 6th 2012 2:11 am

HeHe. I think I'll be hearing the celebrations, from here ,sometimes soon. :cool:

scrubbedexpat094 Jul 6th 2012 5:26 am

Could have sworn I'd replied to this :blink:. My apologies & many congratulations:thumbup: