Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Just had EOI Accepted - What happens next?

Just had EOI Accepted - What happens next?

Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:40 am
Just Joined

hairyfishman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just had EOI Accepted - What happens next?

Hi All,

I've been sneaking around reading this forum for a few months now, but have decided to register for the reason above!

Anyway, what happens next? I've read through the old threads, it seems theres police references, medicals and documents to be checked, but can anyone give me a clear overview of the next stage?

Expect more stupid questions as the weeks proceed...

Thanks all,

HFM
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

spudzlikeus is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Just had EOI Accepted - What happens next?

If your EOI decision has been successful, then you can expect to receive your Invitation to Apply within a few days. You then have 4 months to lodge your final application. I would get medical done right away (they are valid for 3 months).You can download the form from the NZ immigration site.Apply for police reports, these are valid for 6 months, and the UK one can take 4/5 weeks to get.So get moving!!
Get your documents certified, passport, long birth cert, qualifications, work references (I think work references should be original but not definate on this one). Also get new passport photos taken, you will need 4, 2 for medical and 2 for application. The medical people told me recent photos mean within 3 months.Make sure your passport is valid for at least one year after you apply, otherwise get a new one!
The ITA they send you will have all the information you supplied in your EOI.If you need to add anything or make any changes then you can do so on the form they send you. Good Luck!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 12:39 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just had EOI Accepted - What happens next?

Here is a list of everything that we were told we needed!!!

DOCUMENT CHECKLIST
Requirements for the visa application (when selected from the pool)

Birth Certificates: Full birth certificates for both (showing parentage).

Marriage/De Facto: Marriage certificate and, if applicable, any divorce decrees. In all cases, evidence is required of the relationship for the last 12 months. See below for examples of suitable evidence.

Passports: Copies of pages containing details, photo, passport no., expiry and any visa/arrival/departure stamps for NZ. Best to renew if due to expire within two years.

Photographs: 4 passport photos each, name and date clearly printed on the reverse of each photo. Retain 2 each for the medical and chest X-ray forms, the other 2 for the visa application form.

Qualifications: Any Degree certificates

Employment history:

References, dated and on letterhead, for each claimed employment, incorporating the precise start and end dates and positions held, with dates of any changes.
The more years you can provide evidence for the better. All references must be on letterhead, even if it is not the same or original employer. In the latter event, the person writing the reference must explain their connection with the original employer and yourself, and ideally should have been in a position of authority in the organisation. If the relevance of a claimed period of employment to your qualifications or previous experience is not obvious, the reference should explain the link with previous work.

Self-employment may be covered by:
Copies of annual accounts (profit and loss sheets for as many years as possible).
Accountants' letters to confirm having acted on your behalf from mm/yy to mm/yy in your capacity as a self-employed 'whatever'.

Any NZ Registration for your job (teachers etc)

Medical and Police clearances: At the time of the visa application, medical reports must be no more than 3 months old and police certificates no more than 6 months old. These are therefore usually done after the Invitation To Apply, or just before that. When the time comes, the procedures are as follows.

Police Checks: Required from each country in which you have resided for a total of 12 months or more in the last 10 years. Contact a main police station or the Regional Police HQ in your area to request the forms for obtaining a copy of your record from the Data Protection Bureau. Select only the section or form referring to your Prosecution/Conviction History. The forms are returned to the Regional Police HQ with the fee of £10. The response usually takes about 3-4 weeks. We will need the originals.

Medical clearance: This involves a medicals examination, chest X-rays and blood tests, carried out by approved panel doctors. The procedure is as follows.
• Book your X-ray and medical appointments with listed panel doctors (list on NZIS website)
• At the X-ray appointment you will be asked to provide a few personal details and sign the form; take your passport along for identification; when the radiologist has completed the form, take it along to the doctor for your medical examination.
• The procedure is the same again for the medical examination; if you wear glasses take them with you.
• The doctor should hand the completed forms back to you; the blood test results may be sent on or may need to be collected later.
• The medical fees should be paid direct to the doctor / radiologist.
• NZIS do not require the X-ray plates unless the radiologist has noted an abnormality.

Relationship evidence:
∑ Marriage certificate (if married).
∑ Proof of shared residence (such as mortgage/lease/rental agreement in joint names).
∑ Wills/pensions naming a partner as beneficiary.
∑ Proof of financial dependence or interdependence, eg.
- Joint bank account.
- Bills in joint names, or in single names but paid from a joint account, or in single names paid from separate accounts but split between you, eg.
∑ council tax
∑ gas
∑ electricity
∑ water
∑ buildings insurance
∑ contents insurance
∑ telephone
- Car insurance with partner as named driver.
- Joint travel documents.
- Statements showing transfers between partners' individual bank accounts.
∑ Birth certificates of children (if any) showing you as common parents.
∑
• Correspondence addressed to you as a couple.
• Correspondence addressed to you individually at the same address.
• Correspondence between you if/when apart, eg. telephone calls/bills, emails.
• Confirmation of the relationship in statements by family and friends.
∑ Your own statement about -
- the duration of your relationship.
- the degree of commitment to a shared life.
- the sharing of household duties.
• Photographs of you and your partner together.

The more items available from the top end of the list, the fewer needed from lower down. For married couples, the top 3 or 4 items should suffice.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

hairyfishman is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, they don't mess around do they!

They'll be wanting to know my inside leg measurement next!

I suppose they have to be thorough though, to keep out the riff-raff and undesirables...

But seriously, thanks to both of you for the fast replies. I'm sure that NZ will be writing to me, but its good to know what to expect.
I've only just got the news about the EOI, I remember that being a few hours work, but by the sounds of it the ITA is a whole new level...

HFM.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 1:39 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hairyfishman
Wow, they don't mess around do they!

I suppose they have to be thorough though, to keep out the riff-raff and undesirables...

But seriously, thanks to both of you for the fast replies. I'm sure that NZ will be writing to me, but its good to know what to expect.
I've only just got the news about the EOI, I remember that being a few hours work, but by the sounds of it the ITA is a whole new level...

HFM.
You're welcome!

Oh heres another one that got me!! Make sure your passport still has a bit to run - dont want to have to replace it and those lovely blue stickers for a while! I got caught out and had to do the 4 hour service thingy for a new one! Worth it though as it was all nice and sparkling!
Old Aug 13th 2005, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hairyfishman

HFM.
I had a really strange dream that we applied for Citizenship and had to complete a booklet about ourselves and one of the thousands of questions was "Inside leg measurment" along with shoe size and how many pillows you slept with.

Gill