Just the beginning

Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:17 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: London,UK
Posts: 3
donaldson-clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just the beginning

Hi
Have just received notice of selection from EOI pool
Can anyone give me any idea on time scales/what happens next?
Have got job offer in place
thanks
donaldson-clan is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2010, 3:46 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Jan n Neil's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Christchurch
Posts: 2,075
Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just the beginning

If you have job offer already, I think you need to move quick on medicals, police checks etc. Is it an "accredited" employer?

I think that NZIS may have a bit of their site where they state typical problem -free processing times (don't quote me!)

Also you may take longer of going for PR rather than a work permit. Also if there's anything on your medical that is outside normal limits, that will cause a delay, again, it is possible to find out typical processing times from their site.

Good luck - it can be a roller coaster - you have been warned

Jan
Jan n Neil is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2010, 11:39 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
RobDon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Rotorua
Posts: 1,625
RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just the beginning

Originally Posted by donaldson-clan View Post
Hi
Have just received notice of selection from EOI pool
Can anyone give me any idea on time scales/what happens next?
Have got job offer in place
thanks
Check out our timeline below
This was also with a job offer. Around 13 weeks from start to finish.
RobDon is offline  
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:59 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Porirua, Wellington
Posts: 207
Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Re: Just the beginning

You will have a deadline for submitting in your ITA - during which you have to get your medical, police check and references from your employers (originals mind). I think ours took 3-4 months. And you can do it all yourself - you don't need a consultant. NZIS give you plenty of information and you can contact them with questions.

Our ITA went in mid March 10 (just before our holiday to NZ) and we had a PR visa three months later (with a 45 minute phone interview in between).

So from initial EOI to visa 6-7 months. And neither of us have job offers or are on any of the lists. (We do have points for education and the OH was an electrical engineer before a career change) He was the applicant - I'm just a hanger on
Mrs Pointer is offline  
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:46 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
DennisBergkamp's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Kapiti Coast
Posts: 297
DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just the beginning

How many references do you need from employers?
Is it just your previous employer?

I will be working in NZ when i apply for PR so that one is easy, just the hassle of getting the ones from UK again
DennisBergkamp is offline  
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:31 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Porirua, Wellington
Posts: 207
Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Re: Just the beginning

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp View Post
How many references do you need from employers?
Is it just your previous employer?

I will be working in NZ when i apply for PR so that one is easy, just the hassle of getting the ones from UK again
I didn't need any, but my OH who was the the principal applicant had to go back a fair few employers...I'll get him to post more detail this evening. And emails and photos weren't good enough, it had to be originals on headed paper. He got them not bother though - he just contacted the HR dept who confirmed when he worked there.

He had to do the bulk of the interview as well - I just had to answer questions on how I'd get a job and I'd been looking at seek for months so could tell them that there were a lot of jobs in my line of work. He did the same.
Mrs Pointer is offline  
Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:04 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Donny to Dunners
Posts: 206
gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice
Default Re: Just the beginning

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer View Post
You will have a deadline for submitting in your ITA - during which you have to get your medical, police check and references from your employers (originals mind). I think ours took 3-4 months. And you can do it all yourself - you don't need a consultant. NZIS give you plenty of information and you can contact them with questions.

Our ITA went in mid March 10 (just before our holiday to NZ) and we had a PR visa three months later (with a 45 minute phone interview in between).

So from initial EOI to visa 6-7 months. And neither of us have job offers or are on any of the lists. (We do have points for education and the OH was an electrical engineer before a career change) He was the applicant - I'm just a hanger on
Mrs Pointer,
Would you mind if I pm'd you about your post??
gaz1277 is offline  
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:39 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: London,UK
Posts: 3
donaldson-clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just the beginning

Originally Posted by RobDon View Post
Check out our timeline below
This was also with a job offer. Around 13 weeks from start to finish.
Thanks very much for you advice. I am hoping this application will be that quick.
Have already downloaded police report application. Do you know if you have to do medicals through the selected panel, or can you use your own? Can get medical done through current employers (husbands) who are happy to forward any reports to approved medics for certification, cuts down time and cost.
Appreciate your help
donaldson-clan is offline  
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:31 pm
  #9  
It is what it is Member
 
simonsi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Blockhouse Bay, Auckland
Posts: 2,793
simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just the beginning

Originally Posted by donaldson-clan View Post
Do you know if you have to do medicals through the selected pane
Selected panel doctors only.
simonsi is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:20 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Porirua, Wellington
Posts: 207
Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Re: Just the beginning

Originally Posted by gaz1277 View Post
Mrs Pointer,
Would you mind if I pm'd you about your post??
No don't mind at all. But you're better off PMing my beloved - he's called Pointer funnily enough as I am only getting in on his coat-tails
Mrs Pointer is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:22 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Porirua, Wellington
Posts: 207
Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Re: Just the beginning

Originally Posted by donaldson-clan View Post
Thanks very much for you advice. I am hoping this application will be that quick.
Have already downloaded police report application. Do you know if you have to do medicals through the selected panel, or can you use your own? Can get medical done through current employers (husbands) who are happy to forward any reports to approved medics for certification, cuts down time and cost.
Appreciate your help
I think you have to use NZIS approved doctors - which annoyed me as I'd paid to have a BUPA health check done a few months earlier (I didnt know I was going to NZ at that point)
Mrs Pointer is offline  
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:12 pm
  #12  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: London,UK
Posts: 3
donaldson-clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just the beginning

Just back from holiday, ITA waiting. All balls rolling now.

I have to apply for registration to practise (dental) have already downloaded forms and blood tests etc organised. Anyone else registered with the New Zealand Dental Council? How straight forward is it? Is it likely to delay the visa process?

Thanks
donaldson-clan is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.