Just the beginning

Old Aug 14th 2010, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

donaldson-clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just the beginning

Hi
Have just received notice of selection from EOI pool
Can anyone give me any idea on time scales/what happens next?
Have got job offer in place
thanks
Old Aug 15th 2010, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just the beginning

If you have job offer already, I think you need to move quick on medicals, police checks etc. Is it an "accredited" employer?

I think that NZIS may have a bit of their site where they state typical problem -free processing times (don't quote me!)

Also you may take longer of going for PR rather than a work permit. Also if there's anything on your medical that is outside normal limits, that will cause a delay, again, it is possible to find out typical processing times from their site.

Good luck - it can be a roller coaster - you have been warned

Jan
Old Aug 15th 2010, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donaldson-clan
Hi
Have just received notice of selection from EOI pool
Can anyone give me any idea on time scales/what happens next?
Have got job offer in place
thanks
Check out our timeline below
This was also with a job offer. Around 13 weeks from start to finish.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

You will have a deadline for submitting in your ITA - during which you have to get your medical, police check and references from your employers (originals mind). I think ours took 3-4 months. And you can do it all yourself - you don't need a consultant. NZIS give you plenty of information and you can contact them with questions.

Our ITA went in mid March 10 (just before our holiday to NZ) and we had a PR visa three months later (with a 45 minute phone interview in between).

So from initial EOI to visa 6-7 months. And neither of us have job offers or are on any of the lists. (We do have points for education and the OH was an electrical engineer before a career change) He was the applicant - I'm just a hanger on
Old Aug 17th 2010, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

How many references do you need from employers?
Is it just your previous employer?

I will be working in NZ when i apply for PR so that one is easy, just the hassle of getting the ones from UK again
Old Aug 17th 2010, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice

Originally Posted by DennisBergkamp
How many references do you need from employers?
Is it just your previous employer?

I will be working in NZ when i apply for PR so that one is easy, just the hassle of getting the ones from UK again
I didn't need any, but my OH who was the the principal applicant had to go back a fair few employers...I'll get him to post more detail this evening. And emails and photos weren't good enough, it had to be originals on headed paper. He got them not bother though - he just contacted the HR dept who confirmed when he worked there.

He had to do the bulk of the interview as well - I just had to answer questions on how I'd get a job and I'd been looking at seek for months so could tell them that there were a lot of jobs in my line of work. He did the same.
Old Aug 17th 2010, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

gaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nicegaz1277 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrs Pointer
You will have a deadline for submitting in your ITA - during which you have to get your medical, police check and references from your employers (originals mind). I think ours took 3-4 months. And you can do it all yourself - you don't need a consultant. NZIS give you plenty of information and you can contact them with questions.

Our ITA went in mid March 10 (just before our holiday to NZ) and we had a PR visa three months later (with a 45 minute phone interview in between).

So from initial EOI to visa 6-7 months. And neither of us have job offers or are on any of the lists. (We do have points for education and the OH was an electrical engineer before a career change) He was the applicant - I'm just a hanger on
Mrs Pointer,
Would you mind if I pm'd you about your post??
Old Aug 17th 2010, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RobDon
Check out our timeline below
This was also with a job offer. Around 13 weeks from start to finish.
Thanks very much for you advice. I am hoping this application will be that quick.
Have already downloaded police report application. Do you know if you have to do medicals through the selected panel, or can you use your own? Can get medical done through current employers (husbands) who are happy to forward any reports to approved medics for certification, cuts down time and cost.
Appreciate your help
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:31 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know if you have to do medicals through the selected pane
Selected panel doctors only.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gaz1277
Mrs Pointer,
Would you mind if I pm'd you about your post??
No don't mind at all. But you're better off PMing my beloved - he's called Pointer funnily enough as I am only getting in on his coat-tails
Old Aug 19th 2010, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much for you advice. I am hoping this application will be that quick.
Have already downloaded police report application. Do you know if you have to do medicals through the selected panel, or can you use your own? Can get medical done through current employers (husbands) who are happy to forward any reports to approved medics for certification, cuts down time and cost.
Appreciate your help
I think you have to use NZIS approved doctors - which annoyed me as I'd paid to have a BUPA health check done a few months earlier (I didnt know I was going to NZ at that point)
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

Just back from holiday, ITA waiting. All balls rolling now.

I have to apply for registration to practise (dental) have already downloaded forms and blood tests etc organised. Anyone else registered with the New Zealand Dental Council? How straight forward is it? Is it likely to delay the visa process?

Thanks