Jumping the gun somewhat but.....

Old Feb 4th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

in_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nice
Question Jumping the gun somewhat but.....

I'm jumping the gun somewhat here as I've only currently got a EOI (selected) and am just about to put my WTR application in to NZIS.... but as they say forewarned is forearmed;

I was wondering when PR and/or citizenship is granted in NZ, whether you then become eligible for any preferential treatment if applying for similar in OZ?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:49 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumping the gun somewhat but.....

After 5 years of holding PR you become eligible to apply for NZ citizenship. There are some requirements as to how long you must actually have spent in the country, too. Sorry, can't remember what they are off-hand. Oh, and they give you a nice little native plant at the ceremony.

I have absolutely zero clue about jumping the ditch afterwards, though. No desire to even visit Oz. Someone else will be able to help there, though. Just need to wait for them to wake up.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:02 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Jumping the gun somewhat but.....

Originally Posted by Maz
Someone else will be able to help there, though. Just need to wait for them to wake up.
hmmm...yaaawwwwnnn...uhmmmm.

As a New Zealand PR holder you are not entitled to any particular rights to enter or stay and work in Aussie. Five years after you have been granted PR you are eligible to apply for citizenship and become a Kiwi. If the sunburnt country is still an attraction you may then enter the country and take up work the same as an Aussie (basically).

Ooooooohhhh....stretch. *shuffles off for a coffee*
Old Feb 4th 2008, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

in_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nicein_denial is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: Jumping the gun somewhat but.....

Thanks, that confirms what I thought - OZ doesn't appeal at the moment but we aren't ruling it out - anyway, we haven't even got to NZ yet!