Jumped off the Australia ship!!

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Smile Jumped off the Australia ship!!

Hi
Ive been posting on the Australia threads for a while trying to decide where to go but have come to the conclusion that i couldnt handle the heat all year round as i actually like the cold!

So im jumping head first in to emmigrating to New zealand. My sister moved there over two years ago and the pictures she sent are stunning (she was in wanaka at the time) unfortunately due to lack of work shes in wellington but still loves it over there.

Ive just finished and submitted the EOI the two hour estimate wasnt wrong! scored 140 points and hopefully will be selected

Id just like to say Hi and that im sure ill pester you all for info as much as i did on other threads!!

Both myself and hubby are nurses and looking towards wellington Jan 09 (reccie booked in August 08) so it would be great to hear from nurses emmigrating too.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 4:53 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumped off the Australia ship!!

Welcome to the NZ forums. I'm glad you're doing a recce trip, but don't make the weather the only reason you're favouring NZ over Australia...

With 140 points and both of you being nurses, your recce trip might be a bit too far away... I'd go a.s.a.p. as you're pretty sure to be asked to apply. You might well have PR before your recce!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

jackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nicejackietyfry is just really nice

Originally Posted by Here comes the sun View Post
Hi
Ive been posting on the Australia threads for a while trying to decide where to go but have come to the conclusion that i couldnt handle the heat all year round as i actually like the cold!

So im jumping head first in to emmigrating to New zealand. My sister moved there over two years ago and the pictures she sent are stunning (she was in wanaka at the time) unfortunately due to lack of work shes in wellington but still loves it over there.

Ive just finished and submitted the EOI the two hour estimate wasnt wrong! scored 140 points and hopefully will be selected

Id just like to say Hi and that im sure ill pester you all for info as much as i did on other threads!!

Both myself and hubby are nurses and looking towards wellington Jan 09 (reccie booked in August 08) so it would be great to hear from nurses emmigrating too.
Hi my name is Jackie and I am a nurse too - mental health! What is your speciality? We dont plan to move for a few years yet but are going for a recce in Feb 08.
We have friends who are in the Wellington area(nurses) and they love it.
Its so hard to choose where to live isn't it? .... but I guess we will end up where the right job is.
There are quite a few nurses posting who are all very helpful - you pester away all you like and I will just read and learn!!
Old Aug 4th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jackietyfry View Post
Hi my name is Jackie and I am a nurse too - mental health! What is your speciality? We dont plan to move for a few years yet but are going for a recce in Feb 08.
We have friends who are in the Wellington area(nurses) and they love it.
Its so hard to choose where to live isn't it? .... but I guess we will end up where the right job is.
There are quite a few nurses posting who are all very helpful - you pester away all you like and I will just read and learn!!
Hi we allways have opportunities for nurses in Northland...check out Northland District Health Board
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Why not go to Tasmania or somewhere like the southern part of WA?
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:24 am
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ View Post
Why not go to Tasmania or somewhere like the southern part of WA?
Or, depending on the style of life you want, some of the higher towns in New South Wales such as Orange? (There can be occasional warm days there in the summer from time to time, but it is always cool at night.)
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hi

Hello,
Dawn here (yes French!) I am a nurse from good old Birmingham (actually worked in Walsall) moved to New Zealand in January. Work is fab here!!! Much less stress I work as a speciality clinical nurse in Diabetes, cardiology and asthma although I have a community nurse teaching background from the UK. Blenheim and Nelson are lovely areas and we have the highest sunshine hours in NZ. What type of Nursing are you in? Let me know if I can be of any help especially as you are a brummie!!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys and welcome to this little NZ forum.

I'm sure you'll love NZ and windy Welly.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice

Originally Posted by workingNOMAD View Post
I cannot believe someone would move based on a few nice pictures and a cooler climate.

I'll send you some nice pictures from the North East of England and you can be sure the climate will suit you more!
Obviously theres more to it than nice pics and a cooler climate! i grew up in the North East, i didnt have time to list every reason ive been planning a move abroad for several years so perhaps you shouldnt make judgements based on a few lines of text.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Hello,
Dawn here (yes French!) I am a nurse from good old Birmingham (actually worked in Walsall) moved to New Zealand in January. Work is fab here!!! Much less stress I work as a speciality clinical nurse in Diabetes, cardiology and asthma although I have a community nurse teaching background from the UK. Blenheim and Nelson are lovely areas and we have the highest sunshine hours in NZ. What type of Nursing are you in? Let me know if I can be of any help especially as you are a brummie!!!!!!
Hi Dawn
Im an adopted brummie! Glad you enjoy it over there. My back ground is emergency nursing although im working in a school at the moment. We are looking at wellington initially as my sisters there. Im looking for a band 6 at the moment what are the promotion prospects like for an english nurse competing against a new zealand nurse?
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Hi Dawn
Im an adopted brummie! Glad you enjoy it over there. My back ground is emergency nursing although im working in a school at the moment. We are looking at wellington initially as my sisters there. Im looking for a band 6 at the moment what are the promotion prospects like for an english nurse competing against a new zealand nurse?
I was a band 8 in the Uk to be honest the system is very different here. You may have to start at a lower level at first but equal opportunities rule and you will be given the chance to move up the ladder fairly quickly if that is what you want. I got a senior Nurse post here which is a different level to staff nurse post. For that they generally expect a post graduate qualification. Gill (of Gill and Rob) has been here a while and she would be better placed than me to tell you the levels of pay. Good luck to you, hope things work out the way you want. The pay is generally less here than in th UK but lifestyle is fantastic, that cant compare!!!!