Job offers and visas

Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice
Default Job offers and visas

Hay all

It's been quite some time since I've been on here and I usually frequented the Australia forum.

Thing is I wrote some spec letters off to some Australian and NZ companies and I was pretty chuffed to get quite a positive reply
from one in Auckland asking when I was looking to move over and salary expectations.
I've told them I need a job offer for a visa but it's been so long since I was up to speed with visa requirements especially those of NZ.

I've been trawling the NZ immigration web-site and searching on here to see if I'm eligible for employer sponsorship but it's like
hitting a wall of information all over again.

Basically they're a creative industry and fall within the Future Growth Industries and I'm a designer/illustrator.
I'm afraid that only having a diploma qualification and not a degree may hold me back which was a thorn in my side when applying for skilled migration.

Is this different for applying as an independent/skilled as opposed to having a job offer/sponsored?
Also (if eligible) how fast can a visa be gained with a job offer.

Sorry to sound a bit naive but I'm finding my feet again so if anyone could give any pointers to any info or relevant threads I'd most appreciate it.
I'm half expecting to have the rug pulled from beneath me again

In the meantime I'll get back to "the wall"
Old Mar 15th 2010, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nicescottyboy is just really nice
Default Re: Job offers and visas

Found the "immigration info" Wiki link at the top of the page which is very useful for those starting out or re-starting like myself.

The NZ immigration system is a very different beast from that of the Australian one
Old Mar 15th 2010, 10:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by scottyboy
The NZ immigration system is a very different beast from that of the Australian one
It is.

Let's have a walk through the basics.

What points do you get from the NZIS points indicator with the job offer.

Is this you?

232412 ILLUSTRATOR

Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:05 pm
    BE Enthusiast

Hi BEVS

Thanks for your reply.

I quickly ran through the points calculator and hoping our BTEC National diplomas in graphic design stand as a recognised "Basic New Zealand Qualification" I came out at 210.
    Not sure if that's good or not.

Yep that's me although I describe myself as a designer/illustrator as I do both but mainly digital illustration these days.
    Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:34 am
    Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Someone would give his left hand for that score

210 is a result where you would be pulled out of the pool within fortnight and your application would be processed with higher priority.
    Old Mar 16th 2010, 9:49 am
    BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ibex
    Someone would give his left hand for that score

210 is a result where you would be pulled out of the pool within fortnight and your application would be processed with higher priority.

Nah. I'll have messed the points calculator up. Something I really do excel at
    I've skipped around too many corners in the past only to hit a brick wall to get giddy.

Last edited by scottyboy; Mar 16th 2010 at 9:58 am.
    Old Mar 25th 2010, 11:47 am
    BE Enthusiast

Update,

Have a telephone/Skype interview. YIKES!

Fear it might be a bit futile as they want someone by mid May and I need to get stuff sorted and the kids on ebay.
    Good experience at least.

Better get expressing interest just in case.