Job offers and visa process

Old Feb 28th 2011, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

CathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really niceCathE is just really nice
Default Job offers and visa process

Hello all,

My husband and I have recently submitted our EOI without a job offer and have got selected. He is the principal applicant and I am just piggybacking on his application.

In his area, all the recruiters have told him they will only let him apply for jobs with a residency visa already in place. Things are looking more positive for me though, so I may get a job offer first.

I know that if my husband got an offer of skilled employment whilst our residency application was in progress, we can get in touch with NZIS and let them know, which will speed up the application. Does anyone know if this also applies if I get a job offer as the non-principal applicant?

Technically, any job offer for me would be in a skilled occupation, but I don't think NZIS would count it as such, as I won't have registered with the relevant body (and don't actually need to, although NZIS's website says I do.......)

Thanks