Job Offers

Old Apr 1st 2015, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Marz17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offers

Good morning 1st time here to post so very uncertain Can anyone tell me once you take up a job offer in NZ how long are you obligated to stay with that employer? Thanks in advance. Michael.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offers

Welcome to the NZ forum. In answer to your question - it depends on what type of visa you are coming to NZ on.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Good morning thanks for the reply... the EOI is in currently not as many points as we would like but thats life I guess.. we are looking at a residency visa..
Old Apr 1st 2015, 10:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marz17
Good morning thanks for the reply... the EOI is in currently not as many points as we would like but thats life I guess.. we are looking at a residency visa..
How many points exactly? Where are you looking to work/live? Sorry I can't answer your original question as it's too long ago to remember! I think it may only have been 3 months but things may have changed since 2005.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Hi we have 115 and my skill set is needed... had we have applied in 2011 we would have been in by now lol. Not overly concerned about the region as long as its dryer than the UK family are coming... wifes a Nail Tech... daughter wants to teach Chemistry.. doing her Masters finals as I type.. I was told it was 3 months as well. thanks
Old Apr 1st 2015, 9:09 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome,

Unfortunately EOIs with points totals of 115 are not getting drawn from the pool at the moment UNLESS they include points for a job offer. I am assuming you don't have an offer at the moment so unless you can get one within 6mths of your EOI being submitted then you may find you are withdrawn from the pool and lose the cost of the EOI.

As far as staying with an employer goes. If you get residency granted because you have a job offer in place then your residency will come with a condition under Section 49 that you must stay in that job for at least 3 months and also take up that job within 3 months of arriving in NZ.
Once you've done this you apply to remove the conditions and you can work for any employer.

Other visas have different conditions on how long you have to stay with an employer.

P
Old Apr 1st 2015, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,,, thanks for that reply,,, has eased my curiosity well... Yes as I previously mentioned back in 2011.. 115 was letting you in with few issues.. well hopefully completing an NZ practising licence and electrical registration in the next 3 months should help///
Thanks again... How is it in Christchurch,,, one of the areas we have looked at quite closely.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 10:17 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marz17
How is it in Christchurch,,, one of the areas we have looked at quite closely.
Yeh Pers - how is it in ChCH? me thinks you need to change your location garb
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 7:59 am
Just Joined

Another query I have had over the past few months... What jobs / offers do all of the Asian world find in NZ... As an electrical engineer just getting responses is like pulling teeth... does all of NZ run this way... It seems way more laid back that the UK.