Job offer query

Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

mart19630 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer query

Hi All,
I have a question on the application process, my partner is a nurse and has her registration and certificate to work in NZ but even with my qualifications (Engineer) we do not have enough points. As a nurse she can get a job offer which will give us enough points, my question is if she takes the job and and we get picked from the pool and are excepted, during our permanent residency application process if she can't take the job i.e. due to time scale will this then in turn cancel the PR application and put us back in the pool again. Could anyone clarify this or explain if they have been through a similar situation. thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer query

Hi there,
Applications with a job offer are `fast tracked` over those without a job offer.
See our timeline below, this was WITH a job offer. (I am also a nurse!)
Old Jan 20th 2013, 7:40 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

from what I've read most places realise that the visa's need to be processed. we had a job offer and husband was working on a temp visa and it still tool just over 3mths to get the visa's in, we transferred file over to NZ from UK once we had the clarification that we been approved. Just make a note that the quickest you could probably get approved would be 3-4mths once you have been selected and allocated. Also check time scales on website as they may vary them
Old Jan 21st 2013, 7:27 pm
BE Site Lead & Admin

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

If you submit a residency application with a job offer then NZIS will pop that to the top of the pile . This is to help the NZ employer get their employee.

If it looks like the job offer might fail because of the time taken to process a residency application, then you look to apply for and take up a temporary work visa to get you here and working.