British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Job offer for PR needs to be at least ?? year??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/job-offer-pr-needs-least-year-686848/)

dkc Sep 25th 2010 7:01 am

Job offer for PR needs to be at least ?? year???

Hi,

I will be interviewed next week. I will discuss this with the employer.
Anyone knows it needs to be at least 12 months so that I can claim points for PR???? *My EOI is online but will be expired in October.

Any interview tips in NZ? How should I reply if they ask for the expected salary?
I used to earn around $36,000NZD/year in my past job in another country. This role is similar but command more management&administrative skills. I hold an Australian qualification with 3 years experience.

Thx

newkiwi Sep 26th 2010 10:46 am

Re: Job offer for PR needs to be at least ?? year???

Originally Posted by dkc (Post 8874378)
Hi,

I will be interviewed next week. I will discuss this with the employer.
Anyone knows it needs to be at least 12 months so that I can claim points for PR???? *My EOI is online but will be expired in October.

Any interview tips in NZ? How should I reply if they ask for the expected salary?
I used to earn around $36,000NZD/year in my past job in another country. This role is similar but command more management&administrative skills. I hold an Australian qualification with 3 years experience.

Thx

if i can generalise, and give a "tip", try and remember NZ is all about the "team", and how you can contribute to the team, what your skills bring to the team, how you will be able to help the team, etc.. sounds naff but if you have that slight mindshift in how you phrase answers it comes across better to NZers

if they ask for the expected salary, you can always say that you are looking for a market competitive salary, and that they probably know the salary ranges better that you do.... make them say a number first

as for the job, if you are offered a "permanent" job, it settles the issue about how long a job needs to be for, so try and negotiate it as a permanent position

dkc Sep 28th 2010 7:22 am

Re: Job offer for PR needs to be at least ?? year???

Just want to update with you here. The employer wants to grant me a 6-month contract to see how I work. However, my work permit allows me to work for only 3 months for each employer (work holiday visa). Is it possible that I ask the employer to inform the government that I get the permanent position?
Another way is to prorate the 6 months salary to 12 months salary? Any opinion? When I will know the interview result?

Rgds,
Tharawat