British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Job offer format (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/job-offer-format-888649/)

hedgewizard Dec 9th 2016 12:21 pm

Job offer format

Hi folks,

Well, our ITA for a skilled migrant application is in so now we're gathering paper together while we wait for the NZQA and a medical retest. Now I can be a bit obsessive about the details!

One of these is a slightly troubling stipulation on my job offer that I must have the visa in place by 10th April, and that the job offer "is automatically withdrawn" if this condition is met. That's a reasonable timeframe given that the London office is currently taking 1-3 months (I read somewhere) and we should be ready to apply in a couple of weeks, but obviously if something holds the application up it could cause problems. I've asked for a change to avoid an actual date on the need for the visa, but my new boss's employment adviser didn't go for it.

My main worry is that INZ could kick the application out 'just in case' of a holdup, although there's nothing in the operations manual that says they should. Thoughts?

MrsFychan Dec 9th 2016 9:40 pm

Re: Job offer format

When you say ITA is in, what do you actually mean? With you?, if you haven't sent in all the paperwork they won't start the review. If there is a requirement to ask for more information, the process stops until they are satisfied with that part of the application. That's why they stipulate to check and double check before sending off as this will cause delays and the time frame is chucked out.

MrsFychan Dec 10th 2016 3:04 am

just as a time line for you, we submitted our ITA with all paperwork end of Oct and we got informed that our CO would recommend us for approval 13th January, second check can take up to 2-3 weeks after the recommendation and the you have to wait for the visa to go into passport.
We had issue with my xray and daughters severs, mine was the longest to come back as was to do with the lungs and that cam back at the beginning of January.
Husbands job offer was returned for rewrite 3 times as CO was not happy with it, even though he was working at the Company on a temp work visa at the time.
Our CO only worked 3 days a week and it crossed over with Christmas. We also didn't get the visa into our passports until 14th Feb as we had our file transferred over to the Wellington office as we had moved over in January. MrF on his temp work visa and myself and the kids on visitors visa.
This did mean we had to have onward flights after 6mths but that was always our intention anyway.

If you feel that the timeline may be tight, you could do what MrF did, come on a visitors visa, uplift the temp work visa and not worry about the time line for the ITA to be processed. Medicals are cheaper over here and can be got at most surgeries and if you go for a two temp work visa where you need medical, 12mth temp visa does not need one, you can use that for the ITA.

hedgewizard Dec 10th 2016 8:06 am

Sorry if I wasn't clear - I mean our EOI has been selected from the pool and I've had our Invitation To Apply, so I'm ready to send off the Application for Residence as soon as the NVQA comes back. We're in the UK so the London office will be dealing, which should make it quicker than your application Mrs F (I hope).

I'm really just checking if anyone has had their application kicked out because their job offer closing date is too soon?

BEVS Dec 10th 2016 8:14 am

Not really. Your employer will bat for you.

MrsFychan Dec 10th 2016 8:42 am

ours was the UK office, we transferred it over once we the secondary check agreed with the CO and our visa application was formally accepted. It was only transferred over to NZ for the visa stamp to be put into the passports. all the checks were done in the UK.

MrsFychan Dec 10th 2016 8:43 am

as I said you could do what MrF did and come over on a temp work visa, then you won't have to worry about the time line, obviously you will have two visas to pay for but a 12month visa would cover it.

hedgewizard Dec 10th 2016 3:33 pm

Thanks both. I could go over on a work visa I suppose, but it would complicate schooling for my 13 year old (but could be made to work if everything's going pear shaped). The timeline's tight, but there's nothing complicated about my application so fingers crossed.

Out of interest, MrsF what happened about schooling while the kids were on the visitors visa?

MrsFychan Dec 10th 2016 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by hedgewizard (Post 12126246)
Out of interest, MrsF what happened about schooling while the kids were on the visitors visa?

School finishes here in a week time, and does not start again til Feb. We showed all our paperwork approval for the visa and it was up to the Principal how they handled it. They gave us a month to show them the visa or they would charge us International fees.

MrF came over on the temp visa on his own, well actually he came over on a visitors visa to met a bloke he had been talking to on FB and to have a look round whilst he was between jobs back in the UK, and basically didn't come back. He uplifted a temp work visa in a day from the Wellington Immigration office and told me to sell the house and get myself and the kids over as he had got himself a job. bit of a shock it happened so fast I can tell you.