British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Job offer is essential for skilled migrant (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/job-offer-essential-skilled-migrant-744593/)

vymokesha Jan 11th 2012 11:17 am

Job offer is essential for skilled migrant

Dear all,

As i am software engineer in Karachi Pakistan and working since 3 years in this field.Now I want to apply for immigration of New Zealand.I met with two consultant one of them said job offer is necessary and another one said no there is no need of offer from Zealand employer for skilled migrant category.So i want to conform it that is it necessary job offer from New Zealand employer before applying pr?

Thank you so much.

Tom1983 Jan 11th 2012 11:54 pm

Re: Job offer is essential for skilled migrant

Only 3 years experience in that industry - not enough from what I'm lead to believe

I think you need at least 5 years experience to qualify for the 60 points on the skilled migrant. What qualifications do you have? Are they recognised over here?

You can obtain a skilled migrant without a job but the best bet is to apply and get a working visa. They're a lot cheaper and can be a path to residence. Obtaining residency via a work visa is a lot cheaper than paying for a skilled migrant visa

vymokesha Jan 12th 2012 8:50 am

Dear Tom1983,
Thank you so much that reply me.You are right that 3 years is not enough.
I have done my bachelor of science in computer science (4 years). It must be recognizable because i didn't go through assessment. Here i want to ask you that what about silver job search category is this suitable for me? as i read about it that only 300 people will be selected each year.so do u think should i apply in silver scheme or there is any other category?

BEVS Jan 16th 2012 9:21 pm

I see you have found the 2011 Silver Fern visa thread which may help.

Putting up all the info at outset also helps .

kramvi Mar 26th 2012 3:15 pm

I would like to add to the advise you received above. From the little I know, I believe that in a skilled visa, there is no minimum experience that one has to have. I think that one's overall points should be over 100. If the experience is even two years but the rest of the factors make up at least 100 points, one should be eligible to apply.

Isn't that right?

MrsFychan Mar 26th 2012 7:14 pm

100 points is not enough to get you pulled from the pool if you are applying EOI, to stand a chance on the EOI you are looking at 130 at the least to even stand an outside chance of being pulled without a job offer.

Originally Posted by kramvi (Post 9973207)
I would like to add to the advise you received above. From the little I know, I believe that in a skilled visa, there is no minimum experience that one has to have. I think that one's overall points should be over 100. If the experience is even two years but the rest of the factors make up at least 100 points, one should be eligible to apply.

Isn't that right?

Persephone Mar 26th 2012 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by kramvi (Post 9973207)

Isn't that right?

Yes, you can submit with 100 pts but the chance of you being selected is so extremely slim that you may as well throw your money away.
Have a look at the 'history of selection points' on the NZIS website to see what points totals are likely to get selected.