Job offer/ EOI submitted

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice
Default Job offer/ EOI submitted

I posted a while back introducing myself and letting everyone know that I had been accepted onto the NZ midwife register; well now..

I have a job offer (had a telephone interview last week) in New Plymouth and have just submitted my EOI, so its all excitement here! From what I understand the 'pool' is selected from every 2 weeks, last selection being 27th June so I have a bit of time to wait for my invite to apply for a visa (165 points thanks to job offer) - website states it can take 2-4weeks for background check on EOI before invite to apply is offered, so thats up to 6 weeks.

I plan on getting the application forms for our police checks and booking appointments for the medicals soon (bringing my partner and daughter), but suppose I should hold off on the appointments until the invite has been made (or should I just go for it all asap?).

I'm absolutley over the moon but my partner is a little worried - expence, his job prospects and the distance, my daughter's ok but will miss family and friends.

So there it is, my good news xxx
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

HeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to allHeatherGirl is a name known to all
Default Re: Job offer/ EOI submitted

Congratulations ThePinkOne!

You may find that you get your ITA quite quickly after the pool draw if you have a job offer and there is nothing too complicated in your EOI.

Just thought I'd introduce myself as we're going to Taranaki too! It looks amazing, doesn't it? I'm also going with my husband and our 6 year old twin girls.

I think we waited until we had our ITA before we booked medicals and got police checks but I did phone up the panel doc and check I could get an appointment right away. It may not be the case for all docs so I would check that out.

Congrats again - the excitment starts here
HeatherGirl
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:46 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, first hurdle over with.
As HeatherGirl said get the medicals in place, know where you have to go and how much it is going to cost, no harm in seeing if they can pencil you in for a date. Start the low fat no alcohol diet now
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

HeatherGirl - we must keep in touch!

I've found a place for the medicals, but as said I'm not going to book them until the ITA comes through; I've printed off my ACRO police forms aswell.

Yes MrsFychan, the healthy stuff starts here! (although my man and daughter are in fine health, I'm the overweight one)
Old Jul 5th 2012, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Got an unexpected call from my new employer last night - they're offering me a relocation package. I hadn't expected it and would have gladly come over without - it feels like the cherry on top!

I'm worrying a little about the medicals, have a few issues past and present - currently an outpatient for physio/injections on my back and foot. Is it a good idea to get my GP to write a cover statement to take to the medical so all the info is available?
Old Jul 6th 2012, 1:45 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Congrats on the job offer. Worth it's weight in gold.

currently an outpatient for physio/injections on my back and foot. Is it a good idea to get my GP to write a cover statement to take to the medical so all the info is available?
I'd say so.
Old Jul 13th 2012, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

My EOI was selected on 11/07/12.

We've been away to south Wales, lots of walking and riding but far too much eating! So the healthy lifestyle starts here. Must say I'm dreading sorting out the house and picking what comes with us. From what I've read in other threads its a wise idea to take as much as possible. Are all the electrical appliances ready to go or do we need plug adaptors?
Old Jul 13th 2012, 10:10 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepinkone
We've been away to south Wales, lots of walking and riding but far too much eating! So the healthy lifestyle starts here. Must say I'm dreading sorting out the house and picking what comes with us.
sounds like a great break.

Are all the electrical appliances ready to go or do we need plug adaptors?
you can buy adaptors but if you intend to stay for sometime you might as well buy kiwi plugs from The Warehouse and just cut the English ones off and stick the kiwi ones on
Old Jul 14th 2012, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

janiejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond reputejaniejones has a reputation beyond repute

We've been away to south Wales, lots of walking and riding but far too much eating! So the healthy lifestyle starts here. Must say I'm dreading sorting out the house and picking what comes with us. From what I've read in other threads its a wise idea to take as much as possible. Are all the electrical appliances ready to go or do we need plug adaptors?
Best advice I got from these boards was to bring heaps of gang plugs with us, then you only need an adaptor for each gang plug, rather than each device. E.g., our TV,DVD and stereo are all on one gang plug. We also bought heaps of adaptors in Asda, they were only something like £3 each at the time, they're about $20 here, last time I looked.
Old Jul 15th 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

great advice, thanks
Old Jul 16th 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

ITA arrived in my inbox today I thought it would take longer (5 days from EOI selected). I'm rather excited, but now need to get off my bum and get things organised!
Old Jul 16th 2012, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

rachlou is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Job offer/ EOI submitted

Wow thats great news well done!! edging ever so closer

We hope to hear soon too We have 195 points with a Job Offer so fingers crossed

Rach

EOI Submitted 8th July 2012
EOI Selected 11th July 2012