Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Job offer - Do NZIS specifiy a minimum no. of contracted hours

Job offer - Do NZIS specifiy a minimum no. of contracted hours

Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Job offer - Do NZIS specifiy a minimum no. of contracted hours

Hi there

I am looking to apply for PR (or WTR) through Skilled Migration. Once successful () in securing a job offer, does this job offer have to be for a specified number of hours in order to satisfy NZIS.????? I have checked on NZIS web site and am going round in circles without getting anywhere.

It is a permanent part-time hospital post advertised as 48 hours per fortnight ..... the recruitment agency seem to think this only equates to
0.6 fte and therefore won't be enough to secure visa.

Your help appreciated......

many thanks x
Old Jan 12th 2010, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Re: Job offer - Do NZIS specifiy a minimum no. of contracted hours

seek and ye shall find I have spotted a little NZIS explanation tucked away !!!!!!!

In case anyone else was wondering, it states ........ points can only be claimed for full time employment that averages 30 hours per week

Old Jan 12th 2010, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

As NZ is desperate for midwives I'm sure you will be able to find 0.8 or full-time in plenty of DHB's. Have you tried applying to the DHB's directly? Might be worth a try. Good luck
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there Vitalstatistix . . . . hope your well and enjoying some warmth and sunshine - please send some over here !!!!

yes am fairly sure could get a job with several of the DHB (not me being bigheaded just the midwifery shortage situation ) However we have decided we want to go specifically to Nelson so I know I have significantly reduced the opportunities that are available .

They have my cv and are aware of my interest so guess will have to sit tight and wait for suitable position/hours as they cannot increase the position at the mo from 0.6fte.

will update with good news in the near future hopefully

xx
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louloumama
Hi there Vitalstatistix . . . . hope your well and enjoying some warmth and sunshine - please send some over here !!!!

yes am fairly sure could get a job with several of the DHB (not me being bigheaded just the midwifery shortage situation ) However we have decided we want to go specifically to Nelson so I know I have significantly reduced the opportunities that are available .

They have my cv and are aware of my interest so guess will have to sit tight and wait for suitable position/hours as they cannot increase the position at the mo from 0.6fte.

will update with good news in the near future hopefully

xx
Weather is fantastic & I'm loving it. It's a tough life but someone has got to do it

What a bummer. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for that to happen . I think you are wise to go to the smaller areas. I miss my job & sad at my talents are wasted but I know I did the right thing for me. Now looking into being an Environmental Health Officer. I have a BA(Hons) Home Economics which I did a few years before my midwifery. I spent time with an EH dept during that course & l loved it. So that I don't have to do another 3 year degree course to become qualified as I've studied biochem & microbiology etc. to degree level already.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

well best of luck with your new challenge/venture - go for it - you have to do what makes you happy . . . I look forward to snippets on your adventures !!!!!

Will keep a look out for your posts.

x