Job offer in Auckland...

Old Jan 20th 2015, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

NooZeeCalling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job offer in Auckland...

Greetings all,

And thank you for a very informative forum, lots of info on here.
My OH is about to receive a job offer from a firm in Auckland, and we are going to apply through the SMC - with a temporary work visa in between so that work can actually start.

Now to get the process of collating documents underway (the job offer happened much quicker than we were expecting) - the NZQA seems to want to know just about as much information as INZ about work experience etc! As we are both in our 40's, it's a long way back to dig out the necessary.

A quick question - where do people go to get certified copies of documents? In the past I've used a Notary but they are sooo expensive for what they are actually doing, is there a cheaper way of getting this done in UK?

I'll post updates as to how we're getting along - rather a surprising start to the year, but hey, it's all an adventure

Best wishes to all
Old Jan 21st 2015, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job offer in Auckland...

Try a JP. There's usually a half day per week where one will be available at your local community centre and should be free as I don't think they are allowed to charge for their services.
If you have a look through Google there should be a page where the JP's list their names and contact details. You can then make contact and arrange a time to meet to go through the document verification. They have their own stamp etc.
Luckily for me I played in a golf comp with unknown partners one weekend and one of the group happened to be a solicitor so offered to do them all for free. Saved us a fortune as I was going to ask my own solicitor that I'd used in the past.
Old Jan 26th 2015, 11:06 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

You could also use a local solicitor if a JP is not available at a time you can get to them.
I was charged £2 per copy 7 years ago so it wasn't exorbitant. Depends how many copies you need, I suppose! Ring round and ask.

I had to use a notary for professional registration and that was expensive
Old Jan 27th 2015, 8:42 am
Just Joined

NooZeeCalling is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the replies! I'm trying to persuade a friend of mine who is a Judge to do it for me with a case of wine as a bribe...
I'd really forgotten (blocked) how much fun preparing an immigration application can be. Just when I think I've got all the documents I need, another few crop up that I either can't find, don't know where to get hold of.. etc. On the plus side, I've managed to find all sorts of cr*p that I thought had been lost for years, sadly none of it any use for INZ!