Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Job Offer!!! 115 points chances of EOI selection

Job Offer!!! 115 points chances of EOI selection

Old Mar 7th 2014, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Loubylou265 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Offer!!! 115 points chances of EOI selection

Very pleased to say that my OH has secured a job offer

The employer wanted us to go through an agent and is happy to help towards the costs and wait (within reason) for us to get the visa.

What are the chances of us getting selected from the pool?

Our points are mainly for age, OH work experience 10 years + and his job offer. We will be applying for a Skilled Migrant Residence.

Is there anything that we can do to help the selection - for example the question from the agent asks friends details in NZ - does this help?

I've looked at the past selection history - but can't see of the EOI's selected, how many were left in the pool that had a job offer.

Any advice would be great......
Old Mar 7th 2014, 6:40 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Offer!!! 115 points chances of EOI selection

friends in NZ will not help with the visa approval but may help if you have to have an interview as it may show you have support when you are over here.

from the history of EOI selection it does look like 115 with job offer will get you selected from the pool
http://formshelp.immigration.govt.nz...ts/eoi2013.htm

as for using an agent if its not going to cost you anything then use them but seems odd that the agent is asking about friends as it has no bearing on whether you will be successful. We initially looked at using an agent but on finding out that he gave us false information, said we could not use OH's degree as it was not in the field of work when in fact we could, we did not take up his offer of help and the bill and did it ourselves with help from the people at Immigration and the members on here
Old Mar 7th 2014, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your help.

I agree it did seem a strange question to ask about friends and they also ask the details of all close relatives - I'll ask them what they use this information for.

We were all set to do it ourselves, but the employer felt it would be more suitable to go via an agent.

Do you know what the average wait time is to get selected?

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2014, 9:12 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

if the 115 points with job offer is enough to get you selected then you will be selected at the next round (run fortnightly) last one was 5th March so guessing the 19th. It then can take 3mths for the CO to make a decision and a possible extra 2 weeks to get the CO decision checked and approved by another person.

Be aware that Agents will try and make it out to be difficult but it really isn't, you will still have to provide all the necessary documentation that you would if you did it yourself plus you will not have direct contact to your CO and will only hear about things 3rd hand or not at all, through the agent, which in the past has proved problematic to some members.
Old Mar 8th 2014, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Ok will bear this in mind.

I'm due to call the agent tomorrow and will put any queries I have to them.

They are local to the employer and the lady dealing with it is also an ex-pat from the uk so hoping that she will understand or position.

Appreciate your help....

hopefully I will have lots more to post on here shortly!!