British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   Job Interview (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/job-interview-674834/)

127luton Jul 1st 2010 8:47 pm

Job Interview

Hi there, am nervously waiting to hear from a telephone job interview in Auckland last night! - its really hard to get across personality isnt it via the telephone, it was a long interview with 4 people asking questions (im a mental health community nurse) and now looking back im starting to wonder if i answered the questions correctly.. its weird how on reflection u start todoubt urself isnt it?
Anyone else found this?

luv Berni
:lol:

MattandJax Jul 1st 2010 9:52 pm

Re: Job Interview

yes easy to pick holes in everything in retrospect... in exams or interviews etc..but you did the best that you could at that time in that situation, and anyone else applying would probably be in the same boat. interviewers know theres a certain degree of nervousness, and more difficulties over the phone. its something theyre probably quite used to.
Matt had to have 2 telephone interviews, and then a Skype one, which was even worse, dut to technical problems, time differences, and just doing it by Skype is a bit surreal in itself!

try not to worry, Im sure you answered questions correctly. try not to dissect it, as it wont make any difference now, and you always do better than think. its human nature to doubt onesself

when will you hear?

the very best of luck and sending you some waiting karma!
jax

JohnThePom Jul 2nd 2010 7:25 am

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 8671214)
Hi there, am nervously waiting to hear from a telephone job interview in Auckland last night! - its really hard to get across personality isnt it via the telephone, it was a long interview with 4 people asking questions (im a mental health community nurse) and now looking back im starting to wonder if i answered the questions correctly.. its weird how on reflection u start todoubt urself isnt it?
Anyone else found this?

luv Berni
:lol:

Yes! I'm hoping it's normal. Some of us doubt ourselves even before we do things :thumbdown:

In my experience the longer the discussion, the more likely it is that they are interested. The best ones are where the interviewer wants to keep talking but has run out of time!

Just remember that if you don't get the job it might not be the result of any imagined failings on your part. It may just be that you have gone up against stiff competition this time. Also, lots of interview questions don't actually have a right or wrong answer :)

127luton Jul 2nd 2010 10:02 am

Hey - Guys good news - got the job!!! - they said that they loved my interview and now would be looking to get my references!!! yay!
Thanks for your support - now i know where to look for the rental when i get to Auckland!!:rofl:

Berni
;)

JohnThePom Jul 2nd 2010 12:14 pm

Cool!

You must have been the stiff competition :)

Congratulations!

Reylan Jul 2nd 2010 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 8672318)
Hey - Guys good news - got the job!!! - they said that they loved my interview and now would be looking to get my references!!! yay!
Thanks for your support - now i know where to look for the rental when i get to Auckland!!:rofl:

Berni
;)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:thumbup:

MnB Jul 2nd 2010 4:09 pm

Berni
;)

Awesome!!!....well done Bernie :drinkwine::drinkwine:!!!
:lol: B x

127luton Jul 2nd 2010 7:46 pm

Hi there! - thanks to all ur good wishes... i really appreciate them all! :thumbup:

:wub: Berni x

RobDon Jul 3rd 2010 12:56 am

Berni
;)

:thumbsup:Congratulations Berni!! Well Done you!! :thumbsup:

BEVS Jul 3rd 2010 1:11 am

Hey - Guys good news - got the job!!! -

Berni
;)

:thumbsup: CONGRATS and well done you. :)

Have some best of the bunch karma.

127luton Jul 3rd 2010 7:42 am

Originally Posted by RobDon (Post 8673993)
:thumbsup:Congratulations Berni!! Well Done you!! :thumbsup:

Thank you soo much Robdon!;)

127luton Jul 3rd 2010 7:43 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8674022)
:thumbsup: CONGRATS and well done you. :)

Have some best of the bunch karma.

Thank you Bevs!!! xx:D

j19fmm Jul 3rd 2010 9:30 am

Excellent news, congratulations :thumbsup:

127luton Jul 3rd 2010 10:23 am

Originally Posted by j19fmm (Post 8674627)
Excellent news, congratulations :thumbsup:

Thanks to u!:)

Rolfie Jul 3rd 2010 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by 127luton (Post 8674707)
Thanks to u!:)

Congratulations, and well done!
Look forward to hearing how the big move progresses :)