British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITS DONE!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/its-done-546325/)

Flan Jul 1st 2008 8:30 pm

ITS DONE!!!

we just sent off our EOI - werhooooooo! :rofl:

Fingers crossed now, can't wait for a response. i think I'll be checking the website every 5 minutes to check if we have been selected! It's a great feeling knowing that the process has really begun. :thumbsup:

alchris Jul 1st 2008 8:36 pm

Re: ITS DONE!!!

Originally Posted by Flan (Post 6524107)
we just sent off our EOI - werhooooooo! :rofl:

Fingers crossed now, can't wait for a response. i think I'll be checking the website every 5 minutes to check if we have been selected! It's a great feeling knowing that the process has really begun. :thumbsup:

Great, glad to hear you got it sorted

grahamwookie Jul 1st 2008 8:45 pm

Hi there, We sent ours on Sunday, so here's hoping. Give us heads up if anybody knows when they will be selecting.

I lived in NZ from 2003-06 and I'd like to get back there... :-)

alchris Jul 1st 2008 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by grahamwookie (Post 6524164)
Hi there, We sent ours on Sunday, so here's hoping. Give us heads up if anybody knows when they will be selecting.

I lived in NZ from 2003-06 and I'd like to get back there... :-)

Isnt the selection date tommorrow??

Flan Jul 1st 2008 9:06 pm

Yes!

So hopefully we'll know in the morning due to the time difference :D

We have 145 points so hoping it will be quite straight forward. Will add an update when we know.

grahamwookie Jul 2nd 2008 3:40 pm

Selected! Oh, the first two is done. Note to self, get house finished ready to rent, then we're gone

Flan Jul 2nd 2008 4:24 pm

We got selected too - hoorah! :D

howden40 Jul 3rd 2008 10:52 am

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congratulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So pleased for both parties fran and grahamwookie
Pauline

alchris Jul 3rd 2008 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by howden40 (Post 6529617)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congratulations :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So pleased for both parties fran and grahamwookie
Pauline

Well done to you all, hope all goes well for you

Chris

Water Lily Jul 3rd 2008 5:09 pm

More CONGRATULATIONS from me :)

If you think this feels good just wait until you get your ITA :D ;)

Hope it doesn't take long to arrive! Have fun gathering all the supporting documentation! :thumbup:

grahamwookie Jul 4th 2008 12:12 pm

Thanks for all the thanks, thanks ;) Luckily I a bit of a hoarder when it comes to documents so all gathering for ITA should be done with some ease.

Question: So, do you reckon now, is a good time to start PC report, and medicals, or wait till ITA arrives?

alchris Jul 4th 2008 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by grahamwookie (Post 6533989)
Thanks for all the thanks, thanks ;) Luckily I a bit of a hoarder when it comes to documents so all gathering for ITA should be done with some ease.

Question: So, do you reckon now, is a good time to start PC report, and medicals, or wait till ITA arrives?

I would certainly send of for police checks, they can take 40 days. I would hold off for the meds until ITA arrives as they are only valid for 3 months from applying.

Flan Jul 4th 2008 9:12 pm

Thank you! Have just started collecting our evidence in preparation for the ITA! Like Grahamwookie we too are hoarders so seem to have lots of stuff already!

Another question - was looking at medical costs today, does £650 for 2 adults and a baby sound about right?

Water Lily Jul 4th 2008 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Flan (Post 6535598)
Thank you! Have just started collecting our evidence in preparation for the ITA! Like Grahamwookie we too are hoarders so seem to have lots of stuff already!

Another question - was looking at medical costs today, does £650 for 2 adults and a baby sound about right?

That's actually quite expensive I think. A few of us have gone to the Bridge Clinic, if you're in Bucks it should be easy enough for you to get to? (it's in Maidenhead), they charge £240 per adult and £85 per child under 10. Have a look at this link: http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn.htm

Remember medicals are only valid for 3 months, so unless you have a job offer and expect to receive your ITA within the next couple of weeks, I wouldn't book an appointment just yet. But police records are worth applying for now as these are valid for 6 months, so you are pretty safe.

If you have any weight worries, get working on that diet as if your BMI is over a certain number or your waist measurement over a certain limit, they'll ask you to go back for a fasting lipids test. So it's not just the hassle of having to go back, these are not included in the original package and cost £75 extra.

Hope that helps, good luck! :)

howden40 Jul 4th 2008 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Water Lily (Post 6535764)
That's actually quite expensive I think. A few of us have gone to the Bridge Clinic, if you're in Bucks it should be easy enough for you to get to? (it's in Maidenhead), they charge £240 per adult and £85 per child under 10. Have a look at this link: http://www.bridge-clinic.com/immigrtn.htm

ask you to go back for a fasting lipids test. So it's not just the hassle of having to go back, these are not included in the original package and cost £75 extra.

Hope that helps, good luck! :)

We only paid £20 for fasting lipids and glucose - these are also fasting blood tests, so don't eat from 10pm ish the night before. no sugar or milk in morning drink.

Also you are sent a list of approved GP's so it is best to wait for the ITA.

As Water Lily has stated if you are overweight you will need more bloods. If overweight it would pay to go to your local chemist to have your cholesterol checked for free it needs to be below 5. If it's above change your diet now, no cheese, cut out eggs, alcohol, butter.

Hope this helps
Pauline