British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA submitted - what now?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-submitted-what-now-633896/)

chrisjb Oct 4th 2009 10:33 am

ITA submitted - what now??

Finally got our Ita all completed and sent by special delivery to London branch.

Thanks to everyone for various tips and invaluable advise.

Applying without job offer in skilled migrant category

So far it has gone smoothly . Medicals and police checks ok !

I also managed to get references for evidence of relevent work experience.

Does anyone have any idea what the usual wait is to get a case officer, and once a CO is assigned how quickly do things proceed. My current job ends in feb 2010 so hoping we will know before then !

Persephone Oct 4th 2009 10:50 am

Re: ITA submitted - what now??

Congratulations on getting the ITA sent in:thumbsup:

This is from the NZIS website for the London branch- SMC applicants without job offers:

Once the pre-populated application form is returned to the London branch it should be allocated to a visa officer within four months. As an example, for the week ending 11 September 2009 we are allocating applications submitted up to and including 17 June 2009.
After your application has been allocated to an officer they will generally take between one and three months to make a final decision on your application. Processing times largely depend on whether you have supplied your visa officer with everything they have requested in your Invitation to Apply, or if there are any other issues (such as medical conditions) we need to follow up on.
So it can take up to 7months but it all depends on how busy they are and whether there are any issues that could delay things.
Anyone without a job offer will have a phone interview once NZIS have assessed your ITA and they will make their final decision based on this.

I applied last year without a job offer, had my interview and heard that they'd granted me PR within 3-4 weeks of NZIS receiving my ITA. I have seen others on here who have taken much longer and more like the suggested times issued by NZIS.
Hopefully you'll hear sooner rather than later but it's impossible to predict how fast they may be at NZ House;) Are you looking for jobs yet?
Sue:D

Mudplug Oct 4th 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Chrisjb
So ITA gone its such a good feeling knowing its now out of your hands, and in the lap of the gods so to speak!!!!
We posted ours on 18th June and when hubby emailed London branch on thursday our reply came back c/o issued, it would of taken us the max waiting times, 4 long months and then possibily another 3 till decission, I have read of others who's process has been alot quicker tho, so will keep fingers crossed for you.

chrisjb Oct 4th 2009 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 7987873)
Congratulations on getting the ITA sent in:thumbsup:

This is from the NZIS website for the London branch- SMC applicants without job offers:

So it can take up to 7months but it all depends on how busy they are and whether there are any issues that could delay things.
Anyone without a job offer will have a phone interview once NZIS have assessed your ITA and they will make their final decision based on this.

I applied last year without a job offer, had my interview and heard that they'd granted me PR within 3-4 weeks of NZIS receiving my ITA. I have seen others on here who have taken much longer and more like the suggested times issued by NZIS.
Hopefully you'll hear sooner rather than later but it's impossible to predict how fast they may be at NZ House;) Are you looking for jobs yet?
Sue:D

hi,
thanks for the info.
I am looking on internet, however when I tried previously the response was always "we may be interested, but get your residency first". This seemed to be worse due to recession.
So plan is to start looking more seriously nearer the time, and fly out for interviews etc when 'hopefully' we get visa.
I expect we may only get 'Work to Residency' Visa anyway, but that's fine.

Kija Oct 4th 2009 1:00 pm

Don't know about time frames, they seem to differ from person to person but here's :fingerscrossed: for you! Good luck with it all :)

willand tina_h Oct 4th 2009 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kija (Post 7988120)
Don't know about time frames, they seem to differ from person to person but here's :fingerscrossed: for you! Good luck with it all :)

good on you for getting it in, now the waiting begins....................really hope you are not too long waiting for a c/o to be granted to you, :fingerscrossed:

Tina. x

chrisjb Oct 4th 2009 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by willand tina_h (Post 7988970)
good on you for getting it in, now the waiting begins....................really hope you are not too long waiting for a c/o to be granted to you, :fingerscrossed:

Tina. x

Thanks. Good luck with your application too. Where abouts in NZ is your job?

chrisjb Oct 7th 2009 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mudplug (Post 7988011)
Hi Chrisjb
So ITA gone its such a good feeling knowing its now out of your hands, and in the lap of the gods so to speak!!!!
We posted ours on 18th June and when hubby emailed London branch on thursday our reply came back c/o issued, it would of taken us the max waiting times, 4 long months and then possibily another 3 till decission, I have read of others who's process has been alot quicker tho, so will keep fingers crossed for you.

fingers crossed - we have had status update on the Immigration website to confirm that have received our application and Medicals.
Now the waiting begins.!!

Have you heard from your C/O yet?

Mudplug Oct 7th 2009 8:42 pm

Hi Chrisjb
We still have no news from our c/o, thought it was common practice for them to make contact when they took your case on, sort of introduce themselves and say hi, after all they do play 'gods' in what the future holds!
If nothing else it would give us a time frame to work from, me and google calenders have become good friends, counting down the weeks!

Its a grand feeling when everything has arrived safely, just be so much better if the waiting time wasnt so long, but if you anything like us we still have so much to sort out, sell house, tell friends and family!!!!!! sell what we aren't taking, research jobs, think the list is endless.........