Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:35 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Following the receipt of my long-overdue NZQA assessment, our ITA was sent in today. Now let's wait for the ricochette!

Ironically the submission of our ITA coincides with moving out of our house and into rented accomodation. Another tick in the box.
Rock Ape is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:36 pm
  #2  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 569
Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

yippee!
Stoof is offline  
Old Sep 11th 2008, 7:56 pm
  #3  
Stoke City fanatic
 
nelsonpom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: nelson no more :-(
Posts: 693
nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Following the receipt of my long-overdue NZQA assessment, our ITA was sent in today. Now let's wait for the ricochette!

Ironically the submission of our ITA coincides with moving out of our house and into rented accomodation. Another tick in the box.
Good luck
nelsonpom is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2008, 7:18 am
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
weejie's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Dunedin
Posts: 1,383
weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Good luck!

Phyllis
weejie is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2008, 9:11 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
teebrown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Rolleston, Canterbury NZ
Posts: 631
teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Good luck, i'll hold my breath for you, are you taking bets on how many times you check the NZIS websit - I think I checked at least 10 times a day.

Fingers crossed.
teebrown is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2008, 11:49 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 103
Suzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud ofSuzbits has much to be proud of
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Good luck with it all, if you get a good case officer (which we did) it is pretty painless and quick if you have a job offer.

Fingers crossed for you.
Suzbits is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2008, 12:38 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
ptbrophy's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Wellington, NZ
Posts: 77
ptbrophy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Good luck! I hope the NZIS perform better than the NZQA did for you!
ptbrophy is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:52 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Originally Posted by ptbrophy View Post
Good luck! I hope the NZIS perform better than the NZQA did for you!
Thanks for all your kind words of support. My CO will be a lady called Adelle Curtis who seems to have been OK thus far so hopefully we'll have no serious dramas. I have a suspicion that they may query my son's v/mild asthma but other than that maybe it'll be OK. In order to speed up the process they suggested that I send our passports in with the ITA and hope that this does not give it the kiss of death.

Our 5 pets are booked to depart on Air NZ on November 14th so I sincerely hope that there are no significant delays. Watch this space.
Rock Ape is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2008, 6:56 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
nic.gem.soph's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Bristol
Posts: 112
nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
I have a suspicion that they may query my son's v/mild asthma but other than that maybe it'll be OK.

Hi Rock Ape, congrats on your NZQA result at last and for sending in ITA, didn't you mention an operation back in 1971 as well?
nic.gem.soph is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2008, 6:41 am
  #10  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph View Post
Hi Rock Ape, congrats on your NZQA result at last and for sending in ITA, didn't you mention an operation back in 1971 as well?
Oh yes, God forbid that they don't make an issue out if that as well together with the 11 times that I've stubbed my toe or even sneezed during the past 45 years!
Rock Ape is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:20 pm
  #11  
Cat (Mad) Sitter
 
Water Lily's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere, we're International House Sitters! :)
Posts: 273
Water Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond reputeWater Lily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Congratulations, hope the rest of the process goes smoothly and you soon get the news you're hoping for!
Water Lily is offline  
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:48 pm
  #12  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Originally Posted by Water Lily View Post
Congratulations, hope the rest of the process goes smoothly and you soon get the news you're hoping for!
Thanks for the wishes.

I had an email from my case officer yesterday requesting extra information such as Bank statements since 2007 to prove the continued co-habitation of my wife and I. It beats me, why would you want to emigrate with someone you don't want to live with?

Also (you have to laugh otherwise you'd go mad) the NZQA assessment that I waited over 2 months for (yes it was fast-tracked) gives the wrong qualification and the wrong year! So much for their quality control system. Soooo its been an email back to the NZQA assessor who could bearly be heard for the amount of humble pie being shoved in her gob and a request for a new and ammended assessment report. What a joke.

Also, it turns out that my elevated bilirubin results are not considered a serious issue BUT they still have to refer it back to the NZ doctors with an aditional wait of 4-5 weeks. Hoorah.

On the plus side things do seem to be moving in the right direction and the case officer appears to be very accessible and responds quickly to emails etc. We sold our house about 10 days ago so the three of us are living out of three suitcases in a rented house with our two dogs and three cats while our worldly good are somewhere in a container awaiting departure if/when we get the green light.

Watch this space.
RA
Rock Ape is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:02 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 161
Rock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant futureRock Ape has a brilliant future
Default Re: ITA Submitted - (Hold breath & stay calm!)

Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Thanks for the wishes.

I had an email from my case officer yesterday requesting extra information such as Bank statements since 2007 to prove the continued co-habitation of my wife and I. It beats me, why would you want to emigrate with someone you don't want to live with?

Also (you have to laugh otherwise you'd go mad) the NZQA assessment that I waited over 2 months for (yes it was fast-tracked) gives the wrong qualification and the wrong year! So much for their quality control system. Soooo its been an email back to the NZQA assessor who could bearly be heard for the amount of humble pie being shoved in her gob and a request for a new and ammended assessment report. What a joke.

Also, it turns out that my elevated bilirubin results are not considered a serious issue BUT they still have to refer it back to the NZ doctors with an aditional wait of 4-5 weeks. Hoorah.

On the plus side things do seem to be moving in the right direction and the case officer appears to be very accessible and responds quickly to emails etc. We sold our house about 10 days ago so the three of us are living out of three suitcases in a rented house with our two dogs and three cats while our worldly good are somewhere in a container awaiting departure if/when we get the green light.

Watch this space.
RA
As an amusing postscript to the above, NZQA's second report is still wrong. This time the date is correct on the assessment but the qualification is stil wrong. I have now had to ask for a third report! Talk about quality control.

Equally amusing is my recent dealings with NZ Biosecurity for the importation of our 5 pets. After mountains of paperwork, testing and scrutinising of microchip numbers (one rabies report had a chip number one digit out where the French lab had mistaken an S for a 5 and had to be re-submitted) we finally got our Import Permit.....only to see that they had listed the country of import as Germany rather than France!

I can't help feeling that us potential imigrants are being forced to jump through hundreds of hoops by folk who really should be doing the jumping themselves! Rant over but still waiting for med referral...grrrrrrr
Rock Ape is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.