British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA Submitted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-submitted-578704/)

UKNZAUS Dec 19th 2008 8:28 pm

Re: Are all medicals the same for the ITA ????

Originally Posted by carolineshewan (Post 7083124)
we had to strip down to undies...make sure you got the matching bra and knickers on lol :rofl:

I was slightly p'd off at mine cause it probably was the ONLY morning that I rummaged to find matching undies :rofl::rofl::rofl:

CarolineSwan Dec 19th 2008 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 7083636)
I was slightly p'd off at mine cause it probably was the ONLY morning that I rummaged to find matching undies :rofl::rofl::rofl:

lol i hadnt thought and as i had black jeans and white top on i had blk knicker and white bra on lol, but i just laughed and said to the doc its times like these we need matching undies lol she just laughed :rofl:

steelblue Dec 19th 2008 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by carolineshewan (Post 7083124)
we had to strip down to undies...make sure you got the matching bra and knickers on lol :rofl:

Just make sure you're wearing your knickers !! :blink: ooo ooOOOOOO !!! :blink:

kimberleyclarke2 Dec 19th 2008 8:50 pm

Re: ITA Submitted

Now that would be embarrasing!!! :rofl:

steelblue Dec 19th 2008 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by getmethere (Post 7070010)
hi all

just wanted to put it into words.

I've just sealed a huge special delivery envelope containing our ITA and documents for our skilled migrant application. Tomorrow I will post it.

OMG, what a weight off my shoulders. I know there is still more stress to come (and a bit of a wait) but the way I see it is that it's out of my hands now, all my work is done!!!!

Glass of wine tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi GetMeThere !

All the medicals are now done (Don't worry - I've put my clothes back on!! :o ) Now for the paper mountain. I wondered if I could ask you a few questions about the ITA submission please ?

Did you send your original documents with just a photocopy? or
Did you send certified copies?
Have you posted your passports with the ITA for the VISA's and included the payment ready for the 'stickers' ??
Also, they mention a covering letter.... What did you do for that ?
How / what courier did you use ? Was it mega expensive?

Does anyone else have any views on the above, that they want to share please? When I post the envelope Monday, I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing ! :)

cheers!
Steelblues OH (fully clothed - but not matching!!! LOL :eek: )

cwrtais Dec 21st 2008 8:27 pm

Hi Steelblue,

I took my ITA in as I live in London, but here's what I did re photocopies etc:
I gave in the originals with photocopies of everything, it could save time if they decided they wanted to see the original of something later on.

I took my passport in but was given it back to send in again, however once I got my approval in principle I had to take it back in again. This meant that it had to be lodged again and it took at least 5 days to do that!! Otherwise I might already have had my stickers by now! So my advice is if you have a tight schedule send it in with the ITA. I sent in my card details for the migrant levy so they can sort that out themselves.

As for the covering letter, all I did was state what visa I was applying for, EOI number, and list all the documents I was providing and whether they were originals or photocopies etc., and in what order they were.

Hope that helps! Good luck :-)

getmethere Dec 22nd 2008 7:51 am

Hi

pretty much the same as previous poster.

our cover letter was very basic, just stating the visa type, what documents were included etc.

we included photocopies behind each original document and yes, we did include our passports (but only because we didn't have any certified copies to hand and didn't have the time/money needed to go back to the solicitor to get them done) so this was the only reason. we didn't include the payment for blue stickers because we are not in a hurry for our visas as we have no job. so we'll pay that once we've been approved in principal but they will already have our passports so we won't have to send them in. thankfully we're not planning to travel in the next few months.

we sent ours special delivery via the post office. it cost around £6 for the special delivery package and it got there safely by 1pm next day. so i would recommend that.

good luck!!! hope all goes well

BEVS Dec 22nd 2008 8:54 am

Originally Posted by steelblue (Post 7083768)
Did you send your original documents with just a photocopy? or
Did you send certified copies?

We sent certified copies. we used a notary and got it all done for around £25 quid. That included several certified copies of all the relevant certs. quals, marriage, etc. I did several copies of each . That price is for 5 years ago. A notary can be cheaper than a solicitor.

Originally Posted by steelblue (Post 7083768)
Have you posted your passports with the ITA for the VISA's and included the payment ready for the 'stickers' ??

That is up to you. If you send the passports with the ITA , then they will take the migrant levy fee straight away and start issuing the PR stickers. If you wait and then send in the passports after PR is granted , then you gain a few weeks . Y9u need to look at your time line re. this.

Originally Posted by steelblue
Also, they mention a covering letter.... What did you do for that ?

We just stated that we were set on coming to NZ to settle having researched and also visited. We thanked them for their time and effort .

How / what courier did you use ? Was it mega expensive?

We had both temp work visas and our EOI going on at the same time. I went to London myself for the temp work visas.
For the EOI-ITA-PR I used the envelope that NZIS sent to me.

Does anyone else have any views on the above, that they want to share please? When I post the envelope Monday, I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing ! :)

cheers!
Steelblues OH (fully clothed - but not matching!!! LOL :eek: )

If it is all in order then you will be fine. :)