British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA Status (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-status-707624/)

thedtb Mar 2nd 2011 9:02 am

ITA Status
 
Hey guys,

This may be a daft question... but...

I'm used to logging in to NZIS online and checking out the current status of our EOI etc, but now that we've submitted our ITA, does the system update and show us info about the Residency application or not... if it does, does anyone have any experience in relation to how long it takes to show such details?

I only ask because when we log in we can see details of our already granted work permits (which expire in September this year) and also the EOI that we submitted back in October etc.

Yet I spoke to NZIS the day after I posted the ITA to them because they called to say that they had received it and were processing payment for it then, but that the cost had increased.... yet there's no update online.

I'm not particularly concerned as I know that these things can take time, but just curious... am I even looking in the right place etc?

Cheers!

thedtb Mar 6th 2011 10:51 am

Re: ITA Status
 
Anyone?

rick78 Mar 6th 2011 2:42 pm

Re: ITA Status
 
I submitted my ITA in London on Friday and checked my online status as I left... it went from "Decision Successful" to "Application Received".

thedtb Mar 7th 2011 7:56 am

Re: ITA Status
 

Originally Posted by rick78 (Post 9221307)
I submitted my ITA in London on Friday and checked my online status as I left... it went from "Decision Successful" to "Application Received".

Excellent thanks!

I've just checked ours again and can also see "Application Received"... happy days!

rick78 Mar 7th 2011 6:18 pm

Re: ITA Status
 
The final push now... the clerk I showed all my documents was impressed with how much I submitted and reckon there would be no issues whatsoever... here's hoping both of our applications are speedy!

robbyarg Mar 16th 2011 12:51 pm

Re: ITA Status
 
Not a daft question at all.

They will send you a letter confirming the status. First it reaches the branch, then it gets allocated to a case officer (takes time). Then they send you a letter. Should reflect on the site as well, but the letter is key.

You should expect upto 2 months after they receive your application to be finalized (or more).

Good luck with the app. I am sure you will not regret an amazing nation like NZ.


Originally Posted by thedtb (Post 9212456)
Hey guys,

This may be a daft question... but...

I'm used to logging in to NZIS online and checking out the current status of our EOI etc, but now that we've submitted our ITA, does the system update and show us info about the Residency application or not... if it does, does anyone have any experience in relation to how long it takes to show such details?

I only ask because when we log in we can see details of our already granted work permits (which expire in September this year) and also the EOI that we submitted back in October etc.

Yet I spoke to NZIS the day after I posted the ITA to them because they called to say that they had received it and were processing payment for it then, but that the cost had increased.... yet there's no update online.

I'm not particularly concerned as I know that these things can take time, but just curious... am I even looking in the right place etc?

Cheers!


thedtb Mar 16th 2011 12:55 pm

Re: ITA Status
 

Originally Posted by rick78 (Post 9223780)
The final push now... the clerk I showed all my documents was impressed with how much I submitted and reckon there would be no issues whatsoever... here's hoping both of our applications are speedy!

Indeed... fingers crossed everything will move along without a hitch!


Originally Posted by robbyarg (Post 9243584)
Not a daft question at all.

They will send you a letter confirming the status. First it reaches the branch, then it gets allocated to a case officer (takes time). Then they send you a letter. Should reflect on the site as well, but the letter is key.

You should expect upto 2 months after they receive your application to be finalized (or more).

Good luck with the app. I am sure you will not regret an amazing nation like NZ.

We've had the regrets (as some of my previous posts testify), but we're over them now and more than happy here. Baby due in June too... that must count as putting down roots surely? :-)

rick78 Mar 16th 2011 12:59 pm

Re: ITA Status
 
Congrats on your impending arrival... and good luck with your application!

I'm checking my online status every day... and waiting for emails re: progress! So far the application has been lodged and Medical Certificates received and our CO said she will receive everything this week so here's hoping its quick!


All times are GMT. The time now is 5:32 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.