British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA sent however unsure what happens next (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-sent-however-unsure-what-happens-next-575747/)

Mr Peace Nov 28th 2008 7:43 pm

ITA sent however unsure what happens next

Dear All,

I highly appreciate all the advice which I get from this forum. I have finally sent in my ITA by special delivery. I have checked the Royal Mail website and it says "delivered". What I am not sure is that how would I know that the other side (NZIS - London) have recieved the package. Is there anywhere on the NZIS website where I can look for the evidence that my application package has been recieved "intact and safe" on the other side:unsure:

Would the NZIS email me back to say that they have recieved the application packag

Regards

Peace:)

weejie Nov 29th 2008 3:47 pm

Re: ITA sent however unsure what happens next

You can check online. Go into EOI file and click on it you should be able to find out your status. It will probably say medicals received.... and application received or pending. HTH

Phyl x

NermaltheCute Nov 29th 2008 8:51 pm

I'm glad someone is asking the same questions I have been thinking! I know from the NZIS online bit that my ITA is received, how or when do I get to hear if anyone is dealing with it? Does your case officer contact you only if they need to? Also my offer letter clearly states my job is open until such a date but should I point this out to my case officer?

AndyRuth Nov 29th 2008 9:36 pm

Hi there , we lodged our ITA on the 9th September and the first contact we had from NZIS was early last week from our case officer informing us that the only issue outstanding was the settlement interview as we do not have employment lined up at the moment.
Up until that e-mail we did not even know we had a case officer!
I presume they only get in touch with you before that if they have any issues that they need to clarify.
Best of luck :)

NermaltheCute Nov 30th 2008 11:16 am

Wow that sounds pretty quick! I really do like to know what's going on though so the suspense is killing me.

When are you planning to leave sunny Nantwich?

AndyRuth Nov 30th 2008 7:11 pm

Hi , if we are lucky enough to be granted PR then prob early 2010 , other half in middle of Masters which hope to complete December 2009. Then there is the house sale which should be relatively easy in the present economic climate ;) , hopefully this will not delay things by too much.

When do you expect to say goodbye to Stockport then ?

NermaltheCute Nov 30th 2008 7:46 pm

Well I've got a job offer that is conditional on me starting it on the 2nd March so we want to leave here mid February. That's where the panic about the Visa comes in! And of course a house to sell but I've nearly given up on that :mad:

Stoof Nov 30th 2008 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 7020989)
You can check online. Go into EOI file and click on it you should be able to find out your status. It will probably say medicals received.... and application received or pending. HTH

Phyl x

am worrying now cos we submitted two weeks ago and still no status change or update on the nzis site.... should i be worrying?!? :unsure:

NermaltheCute Nov 30th 2008 8:00 pm

If you haven't got confirmation of receipt of ITA I would ring them.

Mr Peace Dec 1st 2008 9:01 am

Thanks everybody,

I shall check the online status and maybe email the Skilled Migrant Team in London if they delay in sending me the ITA receipt confirmation.

Regards

Mr Peace Dec 1st 2008 2:58 pm

Hi All,

I have just checked the NZIS website for the status of my application and it says "Application Recieved". I suppose they would send an acknowledgement letter next...

Stoof Dec 1st 2008 9:15 pm

chuffed for you but our status still hasn't changed :frown:

have emailed them asking them to confirm as the package had ALL our info in... doesn't bear thinking about if its gone missing?!?! :ohmy:

Mr Peace Dec 2nd 2008 9:29 am

Hi there!

I hope they are not busy as the London branch recieves applications from many parts of the world.

Best of luck!

Stoof Dec 2nd 2008 8:45 pm

phew... status NZIS status updated today - they've received our application! well that's a relief!

NermaltheCute Dec 2nd 2008 9:18 pm

Glad to hear it i was worried with you. :thumbsup: Our credit card's got the fee on it too so does that mean they're working on it?