British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA references (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-references-416188/)

Perdana Jan 1st 2007 6:12 pm

ITA references

Ok, I am happy to have as many links as people want to give here but can anyone tell me where to find the info about how going about a police check and does anyone know if my DC2 I filled in for my son's pre-school will count?:o

Any other useful information regarding how to get info and certificate etc duly grateful.
Many thanks
Anne

donnaf Jan 1st 2007 7:28 pm

Re: ITA references

HI,
try ringing the National Identification Services in London, tel 020 72302688. They issue the police checks - not sure about the DC2

AnnieNell Jan 1st 2007 7:35 pm

I visited the local police station & asked for the form (D20 rings a bell, but it was 2yrs ago now!), then sent it off with cheque. Took about 2wks to come back. Hope that helps. Good Luck with it all.
Annie:)

Perdana Jan 1st 2007 8:26 pm

I have been looking at the panel doctors and we have a choice here, one is radiologist, one doctor, if we saw one would we then need to see the other, i.e can the radiologist do the full medical? Anyone's experiences please.:o

AnnieNell Jan 1st 2007 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Perdana (Post 4240819)
I have been looking at the panel doctors and we have a choice here, one is radiologist, one doctor, if we saw one would we then need to see the other, i.e can the radiologist do the full medical? Anyone's experiences please.:o

No, I'm afraid you need both:scared: . Just get used to writing out cheques at this stage:D

Perdana Jan 1st 2007 9:42 pm

get used to writing out cheques at this stage:D[/QUOTE]

LOL :D
Which do you do first, the medical or the x-rays?

dreamfish Jan 1st 2007 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Perdana (Post 4240915)
get used to writing out cheques at this stage:D

Which do you do first, the medical or the x-rays?[/quote]

usually X-ray first... then wait a week or so for your plates to be made available and you are usually asked to pick up the plates and take them to the medicals. if there are any problems they can be discussed in the appointment with the quack.

if emmigrating to NZ you get to keep the xrays. they will only ask for them if something showed up. so you dont send them off. Oz immigration are a little stricter - if i recall correctly you dont get to see the plates.

if you are very much on the chunky side (BMI over 35) then do what i did - go to your medicals starved (nothing from tea time the night before) and ask the doctor to take some fasting bloods. Saves you having to go back and do them another time! i starved myself a full 23 hours. no tea or coffee either - just sips of water.

P2L Jan 1st 2007 10:30 pm

I found the form for the Police Checks online, just did a search for our local force and then looked up the form, think:confused: it's listed as Data Protection, some-one posted a thread mid October telling you what exactly to look for.

Our X rays and medicals were done on the same day, at two different places who liased with each other re timing, my advice is to phone them. If you look on here you'll see that prices vary vastly around the country, we paid £985 for 2 adults 3 kids, inc. 3 Xrays (eldest is 12) but we were able to get an appt. locally within 10 days (13th December) and had the results back at the end of last week :)

AnnieNell Jan 2nd 2007 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Perdana (Post 4240915)
get used to writing out cheques at this stage:D

Which do you do first, the medical or the x-rays?[/QUOTE]

We had ours done at the same time at a practice in Manchester. Had to pay each practitioner separately though.
Hope this helps.