British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA Recived - Help to queries aappreciated (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-recived-help-queries-aappreciated-553989/)

Mr Peace Aug 8th 2008 10:34 am

ITA Recived - Help to queries aappreciated

Dear All,

I have recieved my ITA :) and I am in the process of filling up th application forms. I would appreciate if the specailists from within this forum could answer few queries which I have at the moment.

1. I am planning to send in ONLY cerified copies of original documents with the PR application without sending in original documents . The explanation on the INZ london website is a bit confusing to grasp. Do I need to send certified copies (as I would like to do this) OR originals and certified copies.

2. We are planning to have our medicals to be done in Leeds or York. Does anybody from this forum know of a good medical centre which is reasonable in costs. We have a child who would not require xrays I suppose (as the NZIS guidelines state). What usually happens at the medicals?

3. One of the requirement for the applicant's character is the police certificate. I am aware that I can obtain the police certificate from within the UK. However as I am an overseas National, the INZ have requested an additional police certificate from my country of citizenship also. Does anybody from this forum had a similar situation as mine. I have been in the UK for 10 years now, would the police certificate from within the UK not suffice as the INZ are only interested in the past 10 years history only?
Just concerned as our country is a bit bureaucratic in issuing these sensitive documents.

4. Our qualifications (me and my partner) are on the qualification registers, do we still need to provide a pre-assesment checks with the PR application? How do I check that the qualifications would not require a pre-assessments checks. Just concerned with the comments they send in with the ITA - they are too brief.

I can't think of any more questions at the moment, however I will let you all know of any more queries in the near future. I hope I am not disturbing.

Regards

Peace:)

Rock Ape Aug 8th 2008 3:06 pm

Re: ITA Recived - Help to queries aappreciated

Originally Posted by Mr Peace (Post 6658394)
Dear All,

I have recieved my ITA :) and I am in the process of filling up th application forms. I would appreciate if the specailists from within this forum could answer few queries which I have at the moment.

1. I am planning to send in ONLY cerified copies of original documents with the PR application without sending in original documents . The explanation on the INZ london website is a bit confusing to grasp. Do I need to send certified copies (as I would like to do this) OR originals and certified copies.

2. We are planning to have our medicals to be done in Leeds or York. Does anybody from this forum know of a good medical centre which is reasonable in costs. We have a child who would not require xrays I suppose (as the NZIS guidelines state). What usually happens at the medicals?

3. One of the requirement for the applicant's character is the police certificate. I am aware that I can obtain the police certificate from within the UK. However as I am an overseas National, the INZ have requested an additional police certificate from my country of citizenship also. Does anybody from this forum had a similar situation as mine. I have been in the UK for 10 years now, would the police certificate from within the UK not suffice as the INZ are only interested in the past 10 years history only?
Just concerned as our country is a bit bureaucratic in issuing these sensitive documents.

4. Our qualifications (me and my partner) are on the qualification registers, do we still need to provide a pre-assesment checks with the PR application? How do I check that the qualifications would not require a pre-assessments checks. Just concerned with the comments they send in with the ITA - they are too brief.

I can't think of any more questions at the moment, however I will let you all know of any more queries in the near future. I hope I am not disturbing.

Regards

With regards to your third question I can confirm that you will need to provide certificates from ALL countries of citizenship. I am a UK/Swiss citizen having been born in the UK but with a Swiss mother and now living in France. I have had to provide police certificates from the UK, France & Switzeland (even though I have NEVER lived in Switzerland). Good luck!

Mr Peace Aug 8th 2008 3:23 pm

Thanks Rock Ape,

Still waiting for someone to answer the other remaining questions

weejie Aug 8th 2008 3:23 pm

Dear All,

Regards

1. If you send in originals you must send in photocopy ( uncertified) with it. If only sending in copies these must be certified.

2. Can only give experience from ours but in general for everyone they do a urine test; an eye test from a chart on wall;pulse;height;weight;listen to chest & heart;palpate abdomen;look in eyes,ears and throat; check that you can move legs and arms ok usually by bending them and getting you to grip their hands or push them away; Extra for adults is BP and blood tests;waist measurement,although it is not really the waist but the girth around umbilical area.

3. Already answered!

4. I would say yes from experience on the forum but if I am wrong someone will soon correct me. Or you could send them an email via the website. Have you checked on there to see if the answer may be in FAQ's?

Hope this helps

Phyllis

howden40 Aug 9th 2008 4:14 am

Hi

Best of luck

1. We sent in certified copies of everything, no originals sent. Our solicitor certified most of them and a paralegal certified a few - paralegal was also a commissioner for oaths.

2. We went to Sheffield for ours, they were fantastic and from what I have read on here reasonably priced with no 'extra's'. Some have appeared cheap and then load on extra bloods and re-tests. the one we went to referred us to our own GP for re-tests which is then acceptable for immigration purposes.

3. Sorry ignorant on this one

4. We actually registered qualifications in NZ while waiting for our EOI to be picked, glad we did as it took awhile to come through.

Hope this helps

Pauline

R0b Aug 10th 2008 7:29 pm

Dear All,

I'd really like to know whethere ANYONE has managed to get in without quals being assessed. Like Mr Peace my uni is listed but its not made clear whether assessments are still required. I really want to get this process started if it needs to be done. :confused:

Mr Peace Aug 11th 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks for the replies,

Yeah! you are right Rob, I might even phone the London branch to be sure. What really misguides me is that when the NZIS send comments to confuse people. They have written a comment which says if the quals are on the register then ok....but then thye go on mixing up the wordings which further adds for pre-assessment (if required). No straight meaning!! Now what is what....:)

If I were to ask for pre-assessment/registration of quals, as Howden has suggested, then where would I need to find info. on this:unsure:

Howden, could you please PM me (if you do'nt mind) the address of the Sheffield Medical people. I hope I know how to check the PM messaging!!
One question though, how did the doctor check your eyes, did he/she use torch or light sort of flashes? Just curious as I do'nt like flashes.

Regards

R0b Aug 11th 2008 6:07 pm

Well case officer has just emailed me :thumbsup:

Think I'll ask him what needs to be done, I'll let you know whats said.

Water Lily Aug 12th 2008 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by R0b (Post 6666330)
I'd really like to know whethere ANYONE has managed to get in without quals being assessed. Like Mr Peace my uni is listed but its not made clear whether assessments are still required. I really want to get this process started if it needs to be done. :confused:

We just did. OH is the main applicant, his Uni was on the list so he did NOT need an assessment at all.

Good luck with your applications!

Mr Peace Aug 13th 2008 2:34 pm

Dear Water Lily,

Thanks very much for the reply. That is a burden off my mind. I am able to send in the docs as theyt are now, without any assessment.

Looking forward to book medicals soon. Still sorting out police certificates.

Will post further questions in the near time. I hope people wo'nt mind in replying:)

Peace

Water Lily Aug 13th 2008 6:23 pm

No probs. I agree that the information can be a bit confusing/misleading at times. All we sent with our ITA regarding OH's qualification was a certificate from his University, just once piece of paper saying "we confirm that Mr. X was a student at this University from such date to such date and graduated in soandso on this date". That was it! They didn't ask for any further information.

Then again, it's not his degree they were interested in, but his work experience, which is in a different field and one that is on their skill shortage list. Not sure if that made any difference (I mean as his qualifications and work experience are not related).

I forgot to add that Rock Ape is right, you WILL need to provide police certificates from your country of citizenship, even if you haven't lived there for a long time. I left mine in 1995 and I still had to provide a police certificate and then pay for a translation!

Best of luck with everything, if you have any more queries just shout, someone will come to the rescue!! :)