Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

ITA received today! But funny request for 'job reference' though not claiming points!

ITA received today! But funny request for 'job reference' though not claiming points!

Old Apr 27th 2012, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

taless is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ITA received today! But funny request for 'job reference' though not claiming points!

Hi all,

Very happily I just got my ITA this morning.

In the EOI stage, I claimed 30 points for age, 50 points for job offer (ISSL, not LTSSL), 50 for qualifications and 10 bonus points for qualifications in the LTSSL. (I will be moving to NZ as a doctor)

Surprisingly in the checklist for documents required, it mentions that I have claimed the following points which I will need to provide additional documentations, and it says there "Points claimed: work experience. Policy requirement: One year hospital base training. Documents required: References".

Of course it will not be a problem providing the reference, but why am I asked to provide work experience proof? I did not even fill my one year work experience in as I thought it does not give me points for EOI.

Thanks for any opinions!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 9:35 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA received today! But funny request for 'job reference' though not claiming poi

Check the LTSSL, i cant check now but i suspect it may state there that you need to be qualified plus 1yr experience?? If so that is where it comes from as you need to meet all the criteria in column 4 to get the points.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

taless is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ITA received today! But funny request for 'job reference' though not claiming poi

Thanks Simonsi.

The LTSSL actually says Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery and at least provisional scope of registration with Medical Council NZ. Well to be eligible for Medical Council NZ registration I do need one year of work experience... It seems like Immigration NZ is checking for that, surprised that they are doing that because I thought it is Medical Council NZ's role.

Won't be a problem, just really intrigued.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 4:39 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Usually NZIS request proof of registration which as you said would mean that you would have to have done 1 year of work experience. You are correct in that one years work experience will not gain you any points.

It has to be for registration purposes- can you register prior to starting work? I don't know the process for doctors but some occupations eg pharmacists cannot register until they start work, are doctors similar? If they are then NZIS is just making sure you are able to register as if you couldn't then you would be unable to take up the job offer.
If the above does not apply then I really don't know why they require the reference as you would have to be registered with the Medical Council [?] anyway... I had to get registration before returning the ITA.