British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA received - now pregnant? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-received-now-pregnant-564185/)

grahamwookie Sep 28th 2008 8:54 pm

ITA received - now pregnant?

Hi all, Since receiving our ITA my wife has become pregnant, and I've not found any info if we need to record this anywhere in the ITA?

Would IMNZ need to be informed?

Hopefully it will be a kiwi when its born, and not a brit! :-)

CarolineSwan Sep 29th 2008 9:31 am

Re: ITA received - now pregnant?

Hey Graham

i dont know the answer but CONGRATS :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: thats fantastic news , hope it's a wee kiwi lol

caz

grahamwookie Sep 30th 2008 6:07 am

thank you Caz. I may call them on the issue

Stoof Sep 30th 2008 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by grahamwookie (Post 6828179)
Hi all, Since receiving our ITA my wife has become pregnant, and I've not found any info if we need to record this anywhere in the ITA?

yey! how exciting.... best to get all these 'life-changing' things over in one go, hey?! :thumbsup:

ptbrophy Sep 30th 2008 9:16 pm

yeah, more congrats from me too! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jack1971 Oct 16th 2008 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by grahamwookie (Post 6828179)

Congratulations - I didn't know the answers to your questions, but are wondering how you got on. Are you applying under the SMC?

Jackie:)

grahamwookie Oct 16th 2008 5:58 pm

Hi Jackie, We applied under the SMC, yes. We're filling in our ITA at the moment. My wife is 10 weeks and we've had this response from London:

Hello again,

Have just re-read your email and wanted to make sure you know the following.

If your baby is born and you have not yet activated your visas (i.e entered NZ) then we can simply add your baby to your current skilled migrant application and you will not have to submit a separate dependant child application. Your whole application can be finished and approved and we can still add the baby as long as you haven't actually activated the visas.

If the visas have been activated (i.e the PA heads to NZ and then comes back to the UK) and then your baby is born in born in the UK then you will need to submit a dependant child policy.

Hopefully this makes sense? Any questions let me know

Interesting to know. and Hopefully after all the info collecting we will submit ITA in time to be in NZ. Who knows. Thanks again all for the congratulations :-)