British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA received (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-received-551575/)

jack1971 Jul 27th 2008 9:15 pm

ITA received

Hi
We have received our ITA, we have sent off for Qualification assessment, police checks and have our medicals booked for August. We are expecting to have to be interviewed, does anybody have any tips on how we should prepar ourselves for this? Will we have to go to London? we live in Derbyshire and will struggle to get all the family to London, will they accept only the principal applicant attending?

Thanks in advance.

Also, can anyone recommend a removal company should we be successful?

Jackie

getmethere Jul 28th 2008 5:06 pm

Re: ITA received

Congratulations!!

I believe they do telephone interviews, but that's as much about that as I know (we are only at the EOI stage).

Good Luck

Flan Jul 28th 2008 5:26 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! I think the interview is only for the primary applicant and this is normally done by telephone. If you are unsure you could give NZ House a call? Can I be nosy and ask when you were selected from the pool? How long did you have to wait for your ITA?

Flan :thumbsup:

Water Lily Jul 28th 2008 8:06 pm

Hi guys

First of all congratulations on getting your ITA Jackie, one step closer now :thumbup: :)

Don't worry, you won't have to go all the way to London for the interview, getmethere and flan are correct, they only do telephone interviews if you are in the UK, and they only interview the main applicant. I understand the interviews last about 20 minutes and are pretty informal.

There have been other threads on the subject, some even listed the kind of questions you can expect to be asked, if you do a quick search I'm sure you'll find them!

For example: THIS ONE

Good luck with the rest of the process! :)

jack1971 Jul 29th 2008 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Flan (Post 6619835)
CONGRATULATIONS! I think the interview is only for the primary applicant and this is normally done by telephone. If you are unsure you could give NZ House a call? Can I be nosy and ask when you were selected from the pool? How long did you have to wait for your ITA?

Flan :thumbsup:

Hi
We were originally selected from the pool in April 08, we then received a letter stating that we had mis calculated our points, (they wouldn't award me bonus points for my work experience as I have a Diploma not a Degree)they put the application to one side whilst we got a PAR for Marks Qualifications (Joiner) I submitted the PAR towards the end of June and Received the invitation to apply on the 9th July. We have now completed a full Qualification assessment and sent off for the police checks (not had them back as yet), we have got our medicals on the 28th August, all going well we are hoping to submit our ITA early September. It took about 9 weeks from being selected to hearing a response. It seemed like 9 months though!!
Jackie

jack1971 Jul 29th 2008 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Water Lily (Post 6620416)
Hi guys

First of all congratulations on getting your ITA Jackie, one step closer now :thumbup: :)

Don't worry, you won't have to go all the way to London for the interview, getmethere and flan are correct, they only do telephone interviews if you are in the UK, and they only interview the main applicant. I understand the interviews last about 20 minutes and are pretty informal.

There have been other threads on the subject, some even listed the kind of questions you can expect to be asked, if you do a quick search I'm sure you'll find them!

For example: THIS ONE

Good luck with the rest of the process! :)

Thanks for the link, it was really useful, we actually went in December for a fact finding month so feel OK about the interview. Have you started to look where you would like to settle?
Jackie

ptbrophy Jul 29th 2008 7:26 pm

Do NZIS always conduct telephone interviews?

Or are they random / selected on applicant criteria?

Persephone Jul 30th 2008 2:32 am

They conduct interviews with all those applicants who haven't got job offers to ascertain their ability to settle into NZ. I lived South London and the interview was done over the phone. As Waterlily said it only took about 20 minutes and if you prepare some answers then you should be ok.
Of course once it was over there was so much that I thought I should have said...isn't that always the case though?:rofl:
Sue :D

ptbrophy Jul 30th 2008 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6626295)
They conduct interviews with all those applicants who haven't got job offers to ascertain their ability to settle into NZ. I lived South London and the interview was done over the phone. As Waterlily said it only took about 20 minutes and if you prepare some answers then you should be ok.
Of course once it was over there was so much that I thought I should have said...isn't that always the case though?:rofl:
Sue :D

Well hopefully I will be exempt from the interview, I submitted my EoI (and about to submit ITA) with a job offer from an accredited company!

Water Lily Jul 30th 2008 7:03 am

Originally Posted by ptbrophy (Post 6626725)
Well hopefully I will be exempt from the interview, I submitted my EoI (and about to submit ITA) with a job offer from an accredited company!

In that case, yes, you will be exempt, and your ITA will also be dealt with at lightening speed! Lucky you! :) Best of luck :thumbup:

Water Lily Jul 30th 2008 7:05 am

Originally Posted by Sue R (Post 6626295)
I lived South London

Do you still remember what that looks like?!?!? :D ;)

Welcome back!! How was the holiday? Is Mr Sue still in one piece? :rofl: :p ;)

ptbrophy Jul 30th 2008 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by Water Lily (Post 6626839)
In that case, yes, you will be exempt, and your ITA will also be dealt with at lightening speed! Lucky you! :) Best of luck :thumbup:

Thanks for that! Good news, good news!

Medical on Monday so hopefully submitting ITA week after next on receiving results!

weejie Jul 30th 2008 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by ptbrophy (Post 6626725)

Originally Posted by ptbrophy (Post 6628438)
Thanks for that! Good news, good news!

Medical on Monday so hopefully submitting ITA week after next on receiving results!

Good luck,take it you going to Dr Bryden and the Nuffield? Got our results today so will be doing last minute checks on application tonight before submitting ITA tomorrow!:eek:

Phyllis

ptbrophy Jul 30th 2008 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by weejie (Post 6628475)
Good luck,take it you going to Dr Bryden and the Nuffield? Got our results today so will be doing last minute checks on application tonight before submitting ITA tomorrow!:eek:

Phyllis

Yeah Nuffield @ 0900 then Dr Bryden @ 1030. Then hitting the first pub and Indian buffet when I come out! Been alcohol dry for 3 weeks and curry dry for 2! :D

Were your results back sharp? Best wishes for submitting your ITA, I'm sure you will keep us all updated!