ITA to PR - Skilled Migrant visa

Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice
Default ITA to PR - Skilled Migrant visa

Hi folks
Hope you can help. We've submitted all our ITA paperwork to NZ House in London for skilled migrant permanent residence visas: medicals, police certs, job evidence etc and as you can see by our signature lines, we did this back in October.

According to the NZIS website and looking at the processing times, they should now be dealing with our case. We haven't heard anything though and I wondered if they contact you by phone or post to tell you that you've been allocated a case officer? And do they name someone for you? The website hasn't changed with residence status still saying 'pending.'

Just wondered how they handled your case. We''re getting to that 'I just want to hear something now!' stage
Thanks a lot
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:07 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA to PR - Skilled Migrant visa

Hi

I'm in the same boat, only I'm already in NZ and working so ours is being nudged along somewhat faster.

A couple of days ago I called them with my application number and was given the standard "4 to 6 months to allocate a case officer" spiel. So I asked if the nice lady on the phone could look up our file. She did, and apparently we do have a case officer (we got our documents back last week) and she's well over halfway through our application.

Have you got your documents back yet? Can you lodge a query via the NZIS website with your application number?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:59 pm
Leeds to Nelson

Heal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really niceHeal is just really nice

Our ITA was sent on 30 August and we're still waiting, been told without a job offer we could be waiting 7 months, we had hoped to go in April but times fast approaching.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

EmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really niceEmandKen is just really nice

Thanks a lot for your replies. I guess we just have to be patient and will chase NZIS if we haven't heard anything in a few weeks. Seven months is a really long time isn't it? Wonder why it all takes so long? Must be loads of applicants and not many staff to deal with it. Hope it works out for you both soon too, fingers crossed
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:15 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmandKen
Thanks a lot for your replies. I guess we just have to be patient and will chase NZIS if we haven't heard anything in a few weeks. Seven months is a really long time isn't it? Wonder why it all takes so long? Must be loads of applicants and not many staff to deal with it. Hope it works out for you both soon too, fingers crossed
Without a job offer, yes it will take a lot longer than if you were already in NZ on a work permit, and already working. Is there a possibility you could do that? It's the route I took, to get here faster. Once you're already in NZ, with work permit and working here, you go to the top of the queue.