ITA possible outcomes

Old May 3rd 2010, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold
Question ITA possible outcomes

Hi every one
It's been quite long since i have posted my last thread when I have successfully sent my ITA application(without job offer) I finally have recieved an email form my CO for a scheduled Telephone Interview in few weeks However, I have a concern here. The email sent with a document of possible outcomes when last decision made by NZIS, and these three possible outcomes are: Getting approved for PR, Getting approved for WTR or application getting declined.
What are the chances of getting approval for WTR?? I have put all my efforts focusing on getting the PR, and I have gained bonus points for having a job in the LTSSL list and current work in the LTSSL with total points of 110. My main concern here is to get approved for WTR Visa, while I am not yet prepared for moving to New Zealand as I have a job here in UAE and about to get married!! Could you please give any advice or clarification about this?
Wish all the best to whom ever reached this stage in their application's process
Old May 3rd 2010, 12:46 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA possible outcomes

Originally Posted by sam_79 View Post
while I am not yet prepared for moving to New Zealand as I have a job here in UAE and about to get married!!
AFAIK you need work to get a WTR visa, if you have no job offer then I'm not sure but your post mentions that you have work in the LTSSL -or do you mean that is where your trade/profession is??? Be wary, if you are clear you are not ready to move then you may come over as wasting the CO's time in the interview...
Old May 3rd 2010, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

lida16 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree on this one.
Originally Posted by simonsi View Post
Be wary, if you are clear you are not ready to move then you may come over as wasting the CO's time in the interview...
Outcome of your application can really be PR or WTR (which in this case is DEFERRED PR) and decline. WTR in this case means "OK, YOU DON'T GET PR BUT PROVE ME WRONG" so to speak. You have 9 mths to find work in your field and your WTR turns to PR which is different from WTR (SAME NAME) which was not gained trough SMC (that is the way I understood all this). One of the main conditions when you apply for WTR directly is to have a job offer and prof of founds and when you get WTR trough SMC (deferred PR) job offer is not a MUST!

Nobody can say what the outcome will be but make sure you give your CO enough prof that your intentions are serious (in settling, finding a job etc.)

Hope I helped a bit and if I was wrong in anything please correct me .

Good luck with your interview (can't wait to find out the date for ours)!

Last edited by lida16; May 3rd 2010 at 4:55 pm.
Old May 4th 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

sam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to beholdsam_79 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by simonsi View Post
AFAIK you need work to get a WTR visa, if you have no job offer then I'm not sure but your post mentions that you have work in the LTSSL -or do you mean that is where your trade/profession is??? Be wary, if you are clear you are not ready to move then you may come over as wasting the CO's time in the interview...
Thanks Simonsi for the advice. Just to correct one thing here, What I meant that I have a qualification and a proffession in the LTSSL, and I do not have any Job offer in NZ. I would wary saying that. I pray to get approved for the PR.
Old May 4th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Lida for the nice wish
I do understand all of that, and thanks for the proper explanation given. I hope my application's outcome will be the PR approval instead of WTR. I will try my best to convince my CO with all my intentions and plans to settle and work in NZ. and let's see what will happen.
Wish all the best for you, and hope you get a quick turn around in your application.

Sam
Old May 5th 2010, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Hi Sam,

prepare yourself with a list of questions available and focus specially on your support network in New Zealand and steps you have taken towards employment and settling in New Zealand. Our last years recce helped us greatly when I was asked questions on my familiarity with New Zealand.

NZIS tend to issue WTR (deferred PR) when you need proffesional registration (electricians, teachers, medical) or your application is in one of asian branches, so just in case I would have prepared 'WTR scenario' as a backup.

Good Luck!
Old May 6th 2010, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ibex View Post
Hi Sam,

prepare yourself with a list of questions available and focus specially on your support network in New Zealand and steps you have taken towards employment and settling in New Zealand. Our last years recce helped us greatly when I was asked questions on my familiarity with New Zealand.

NZIS tend to issue WTR (deferred PR) when you need proffesional registration (electricians, teachers, medical) or your application is in one of asian branches, so just in case I would have prepared 'WTR scenario' as a backup.

Good Luck!
Hi Ibex,

Appreciate your reply I am an IT proffessional and my job does not require a registration, however, my application is one of Asian branches(Shanghai). In fact, I have no actual friends or family setteled in New Zealand, is it ok to mention that in the interview?Or shall I try to explain to my CO that I am currently trying to establish some support networks there if possible?
Sam
Old May 11th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

ibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud ofibex has much to be proud of

Hi Sam

sorry for late reply. I would refrain from 'if possible' clauses as I had a feeling this is not something COs like to hear. I had some questions pretty much oriented towards my support network in NZ (eg. 'friends' I met during last years recce), will we stay with them initially (I said no) etc. I prepared a list of questions & answers which I had on the table during interview. Being nervous as hell you can easily forget mentioning something important, so I would suggest to take the same approach. I also joined NZCS (if these $240 will be any other help is yet to be seen) before interview what might have helped. Also have a strategy how you will make friends, some questions reminded me in some sense to a job interview (like 'what are your long term plans').

It is not a difficult interview, but having a life changing decision hanging above you doesn't help at all, so prepare yourself and you should be OK.

Cheers
Old May 11th 2010, 4:20 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ibex View Post
but having a life changing decision hanging above you doesn't help at all
Indeed, no pressure then
Old May 12th 2010, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

It is not a difficult interview, but having a life changing decision hanging above you doesn't help at all, so prepare yourself and you should be OK.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ibex,

I will work on that and prepare my self well for the interview

Sam