ITA NOT LIKELY

Old May 15th 2008, 3:12 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all
Unhappy ITA NOT LIKELY

Hi everyone

Been a while since I last posted, I have been reading though, but had nothing to say

I only have until tomorrow, Friday 16th UK time to submit a job offer but have had no joy
Sent off CV's to agencies and companies most with the same reply of "when can you get here" I understand that they want to see you, I don't think I would employ without seeing, but what a pain.
We are still coming when the house sells so it could be sooner than originally planned because we won't be waiting for NZIS to grant visa's. It's the added cost of onward passage and import duty that bugs me, this emmigrating lark is expensive enough as it is.
Still if you have a Welding and Fabrication job up your sleeve pass it on and I will submit it forthwith

Thanks for listening

Martin
Old May 15th 2008, 7:53 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ITA NOT LIKELY

Hi Martin and Jo

It's a shame you've not had any news on the job front, it seems you've been really unlucky with your application. It does sound like you'll have a much better chance of getting a job once you get there. As you said they do want to see you first, but you could look at it another way in that you get to see them as well and see where you'll be working before you committ.
The only real downside is the import duty which seems so unfair to me, why penalise skilled workers that they want?

All the best and good luck

Sue
Old May 15th 2008, 9:01 pm
It might take a while!

Marjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to allMarjol is a name known to all

Hi Sue

Thanks for that, like you say it is a shame on the import duty side of things but might be able to by-pass that by taking onward journey to Oz and applying for work permit there (after getting a job offer) and then sending for container Asking the question at NZ customs waiting for reply.

You got your ITA at last Congratulations, was it covered in dust

Martin and Jo
Old May 15th 2008, 10:04 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
That does seem a good way round the import tax issue and also you get a holiday at the same time. You'll know you have a job to go to so you can just relax and enjoy it. Depends on what customs say, I saw a post on here recently about that but I'm so sorry I can't remember who and when.

Thank you. Not got paperwork yet but when it comes I will handle it very carefully, it's so old it may just disintegrate if I even breathe near it

Sue