British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA lodged with NSC and CO assigned, 10/9/13 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-lodged-nsc-co-assigned-10-9-13-a-813961/)

Sheckooo Nov 2nd 2013 10:38 pm

ITA lodged with NSC and CO assigned, 10/9/13

Hi everyone,

I am applying for residence under SMC, got my CO assigned on the 10th of September 13. Since then i havent heard from INZ.

My application include a job offer that starts in 31st of December 13, and in case of any further delay, would the INZ consider my offer expire and ask me for another or should i proactively provide another offer with extended start date.

Another thing is the NSC form, what happens if i forget to mention a job that i did 3 years ago, would it lead to refusal of my application?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Best Regards

Sheckooo

BEVS Nov 3rd 2013 10:20 pm

Re: ITA lodged with NSC and CO assigned, 10/9/13

You should email your case officer and mention your concerns about your job start date. They will advise accordingly. You may have to take up a temp work visa.

Catchafire Nov 4th 2013 1:05 am

31st of December 13, is a very odd date to start employment, its in the middle of the week, immediately followed by two days public holiday then the weekend.

Sheckooo Nov 4th 2013 1:48 am

Hi guys, thank you for your replys, I sent an email to my CO. But the thing is if I will apply for a work visa, I don't know I may have to collect the same documents again!,,,,

Regarding the start date,,Catchafire,,,I think pharmacies are open in public holidays and weekends across the world :)...but does it have a relation to the visa things

Sheckooo Nov 4th 2013 1:39 pm

Hey guys, I have a concern, in the national security check scenario , does the CO wait for its results to proceed with the application verification?

Million thanks

Sheckooo

Persephone Nov 4th 2013 3:57 pm

Can't help with the national security check question, sorry.

I would say that if you have to apply for a work visa then you make a note that they have all your documents already so they know. You wouldn't have to repeat medicals for example. That would be my take on it anyway.

Would your employer be willing to alter the start date if necessary?

MrsFychan Nov 4th 2013 5:19 pm

I can't really answer it either, all I know from our application was that if the CO had to query anything then she did not do any further work on our case until that particular query was resolved to her satisfaction. I can see the reasoning behind it as they have so many applications to work through would be a waste of time proceeding if the queried item means the application gets denied.

Sheckooo Nov 5th 2013 3:01 am

That's really helpful Persephone, I have not not check with my employer if he will accept to alter my employment or not.

Thank you Mrsfychan, the CO told me that he need to query an item but he still didn't get an answer, do it means that he didn't proceed with the other documents, it really wastes time.

MrsFychan Nov 5th 2013 3:40 am

As I said I can see their point, if one thing is not approved so the application would be denied why waste time proceeding with other parts. Best move onto to another applicants application and wait for the information to come back before proceeding. So not really a waste of time

Sheckooo Nov 6th 2013 10:53 am

it would delay my application,,,,I hope they reach a positive decision on my case,,,,I am really worried