British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/)
-   -   ITA lodged (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-visas-nz-108/ita-lodged-813692/)

anthony1972 Oct 30th 2013 1:51 pm

ITA lodged

Hi guys!

I lodged my ITA 3 days ago and so excited!!! :) Do you know how long they usually take to process a quite simple application (only 2 applicants and no IQAs) with a job offer?

Thank you!

Tony

Persephone Oct 30th 2013 3:32 pm

Re: ITA lodged

Congratulations! Hope you hear something soon:)

From the London branch, processing times:

Skilled Migrant applicants with job offers

The Pool draw, which would potentially allocate your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the London branch, takes place every two weeks.

An immigration officer will make an initial assessment of your EOI within 10 working days of the Pool draw. We will then contact you, advising whether or not you will be invited to apply.

Once you submit your application to the London branch it will be allocated to an immigration officer as soon as possible. Your immigration officer will generally take between one and three months to make a final decision on your application. While we cannot guarantee the processing time for your application we aim to process it as quickly as possible. The processing time will largely depend on whether you have supplied your immigration officer with everything they have requested in your Invitation to Apply, or if there are any issues (such as medical conditions or character issues) that we need to follow up or if we need to conduct verification checks.

MrsFychan Oct 30th 2013 7:07 pm

see my signature, we submitted end of October 2011 with husband already working here, Feb 14th 2012 we got the blueys

anthony1972 Oct 30th 2013 8:18 pm

Hi MrsFychan,

Thanks for your reply. So, your ITA took 3 months and 14 days to be processed!!! Considering my job start date (beginning December) I could say that I'm really in a deep s****y puddle! Arghhhh! :eek:

MrsFychan Oct 30th 2013 8:26 pm

they shut down for Christmas and generally nobody does much work until Feb. Our CO only worked 4 days a week.
husband came over and got a job and went and got a Temp work visa to enable him to start. he did that in a day at the local immigration office but it could take a couple of days for a temp visa depending on the office and staff. also myself and the kids came over in January on a visitors visa. Once you get the initial approval your file goes off to another person to get all the information double checked so thats another 2 weeks.
when we finally got official approval we asked that the case be transferred to NZ for the stamps to go in the passports which put another week on the time.
from memory 3mths is the length given on the site for turn around, that obviously doesn't take into consideration any hiccups along the way. If there is a query on one part of the application that has to be cleared up before they move on. Husband had to submit his job offer 3 times before they were haopy with the wording. myself and daughter's medical got referred, so I would say see if you can move your start date or look at a temp visa

ianrobbo Oct 31st 2013 6:09 am

Hi

Been living and working in NZ for 2 yrs now and loving it :-)

We went into the Dec 12 pool and got selected.
ITA received by Christchurch 7th Feb 13
CO assigned 7th Aug 13

Still waiting but told today that application is in the "final stages" - still not quite sure what that means? But ever hopeful

MrsFychan Oct 31st 2013 7:05 am

time scales differ in each country

anthony1972 Oct 31st 2013 9:57 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 10970242)
time scales differ in each country

I really hope so, MrsFychan!

Is there someone out there who recently experienced the London branch timescale?

Tony

Persephone Oct 31st 2013 3:42 pm

All you can do is go by the London timescales posted and they are not definite. They will differ not only by branch but also by application, case officer and any number of other factors.
Even if someone got theirs in 3 weeks recently, it doesn't mean you will as I'm sure you know. You may need to apply for a temp visa if it takes too long as MrsF mentioned. Thing is you may be fine and get it in time, you just don't know.

You could try contacting NZ House and 'push' them a little. Would your employer be willing to change the start date if necessary? I know it's not an easy thing to ask them though.
Good Luck!
P:)

anthony1972 Oct 31st 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks Persephone. Next week I will contact NZ House and then my prospect employer to postpone the start date (definitely not an easy thing to ask). Amen.

Happy Halloween!!! :scaredhair:

Tony

BEVS Nov 1st 2013 5:45 am

Originally Posted by anthony1972 (Post 10970957)
Happy Halloween!!! :scaredhair:

Tony

Scary Boo :scaredhair:

Yes. Speak with the NZ employer and have them liaise with NZ house if they can,for a mutually acceptable start date for you. This will all be about great dialogue.
If the employer is not willing, for whatever reason, or it jeopardises the job offer , you will need to look sharpish and take up a temp work visa to get you here and started. More money . More paperwork and a trip to NZ house in London may be the order of the day.

Good luck.